Report (local) closed road, road works... — TomTom Community

Report (local) closed road, road works...

rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 152 [Exalted Navigator]
edited June 22 in Map quality
Yesterday I was navigating through my city and tt wanted to send me to a closed road (road works). I report it by mapshare because due this roadwork a near street is changed temporarily drive direction also. I see this is not on any map already. I know it take some days before you see changes on the livemap and in the apps.
So is there a tool or a way we can report such things that this will be faster processed?
Maybe such reports can be taken in HD traffic (on the fly).

Best Answer

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 460
    Staff
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @rabero1985 , I will ask if there is such tool, but I think there is no such tool available to the public :(
    I will get back to you if I get more info.

Answers

Staff
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @rabero1985 , I will ask if there is such tool, but I think there is no such tool available to the public :(
    I will get back to you if I get more info.
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 152 [Exalted Navigator]
    OK thank you. Maybe a suggestion for the future :smile:
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,190 [Revered Voyager]
    szachowa wrote: »
    Hi @rabero1985 , I will ask if there is such tool, but I think there is no such tool available to the public
    Back in 2004 when I bought my first TomTom navigation device it had the facility for a user to close roads and edit restrictions such as turns and one-ways on their maps. We could use those settings locally and also publish them and share them with other users. We have regressed a long way.
    tgold wrote: »
    Hi @rabero1985 , I will ask if there is such tool, but I think there is no such tool available to the public
    Back in 2004 when I bought my first TomTom navigation device it had the facility for a user to close roads and edit restrictions such as turns and one-ways on their maps. We could use those settings locally and also publish them and share them with other users. We have regressed a long way.

Indeed now you said this, I remember it also. You even had daily updates with the one they had integrated wifi
  • johngrjohngr Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Agree with comments about reporting local closures. I have been waiting some weeks now for update which will include the closed roads I have notified. I remember when it could be done on the device, very convenient, and this is quite a loss to have to wait so long. (GO 5000)
    Yes and if I remember.correct you had the choice with mapshare updates from all users or only tomtom verified.
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 270 [Exalted Navigator]
    I discovered the other day under road
    w3jqo5urzjza.png

Not sure what the purpose of this is. The label of that part is rather unclear and apparently not translated in other languages.

Some explanation on the purpose and use would be nice
    Staff
    eddydc wrote: »
    w3jqo5urzjza.png

Not sure what the purpose of this is. The label of that part is rather unclear and apparently not translated in other languages.

I think we could mention about this here: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/categories/map-quality
  • eddydceddydc Posts: 270 [Exalted Navigator]
    As said before, posting something in that subforum is useless. TT people don't even bother to answer over there and thus get any decent answer.
  • mapfanaticmapfanatic Posts: 2,160 [Revered Voyager]
    edited June 20
    eddydc wrote: »
    w3jqo5urzjza.png

I think we could mention about this here: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/categories/map-quality

@szachowa
    When?
    I am also interested in it.