How to choose different audio channel? — TomTom Community

How to choose different audio channel?

NarmononoNarmonono Posts: 114 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
Good morning all,
I wanted to know if it was possible to choose the audio channel for the navigation voice instructions because when using AmiGo while using an android apk like Spotify with Android auto, the channel that Spotify and AmiGo uses is the same so that If you listen to Spotify at low volume, AmiGo's voice is too!
This problem does not exist if one listens to the radio with the set of the car thanks to the radio waves.

I saw a comment from Jim on Google play which explained that we could modify this but I do not see where this option is!

Could you help me ?
Thank you in advance for your reply

Comments

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 1,072 [Exalted Pioneer]
    does phone have two output channels for bluetooth
  • NarmononoNarmonono Posts: 114 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited June 19
    Thank you for your answer.
    I do not know.
    My phone is a xiaomi redmi note 9 pro.
    Where can I find these 2 channels, in the phone settings?
    I used my phone with android auto in my car with a cable.
    I have read several posts and some explain that they managed to have channel separation so that AmiGo is not on the same as another android app.
    If sometimes we could have the solution that would be great!
    thank you in advance for your help
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,552 Moderator
    edited June 23
    Hi @Narmonono

There is no option to choose the Audio channel on AmiGO. What are the settings which you use on AmiGO?

Do you keep the option “Always use device speaker under Settings” turned OFF? In that case, check that the “Media” volume (under phone settings) is set to a value high enough. If you use the “Always use device speaker” option, make sure the “Ringtone” volume is set to a value high enough.

Best, lampard

Thank you for your reply,
    The Always use device speakers option is disabled.

I have no problem having the navigation information by voice but it is really not practical that the navigation is on the same channel as the other Android applications, we should be able to have different channels as with Go navigation.
    Also, if I click the physical button on the car to mute the music, I no longer have navigation voices!
    Moreover, I am not the only one to ask for this development, which is important.

It would be a big evolution if this option could be done in the next update!
    Have a good day
    Hi all,
    I am coming back to you to know if this request for different audio channels can be implemented in an update?
    Thank you in advance for your reply
  • Gerben321Gerben321 Posts: 5 [New Seeker]
    I would like to get an update on this. The app is literary useless when using Android Auto and an app like Spotify instead of the built-in DAB radio from a car.
    Normally it's in the plans for a future update, hopefully it comes soon!
  • DenisBixinDenisBixin Posts: 9 [Apprentice Traveler]
    This bug is so annoying and I don't get it, what makes it so hard to fix it.
    It used to work as intended when AmiGo got released on AA.
    Agreed, all other apps have this sorted out.
    Still no update? We're a few updates past the last post.
    Bonjour,
    Je viens d'avoir la dernière en bêta et je ne vois pas d'options concernant cette évolution mais je n'ai pas encore testé en direct.
    Unfortunately still an issue in stable as well as in the beta version.
  • Richard6666666Richard6666666 Posts: 16 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I also have problems with the voice audio when using AA no voice intructions when using DAB+, but it does work as a music stream, then the stream is neatly interrupted and get the voice intructions and traffic info. Use the beta latest beta version.
    I also have problems with the voice audio when using AA no voice intructions when using DAB+, but it does work as a music stream, then the stream is neatly interrupted and get the voice intructions and traffic info. Use the beta latest beta version.
    Yeah, and now turn the volume down of your music and see how soft the voice is.

Downloading a new update as we speak, but since there are no changelogs I have no idea whether this is fixed or not. I guess not, since there's no one from TomTom talking about it.
    Unfortunately still an issue in the AmiGo app, works fine in the paid Go app.
    @lampard can you confirm this is a bug or did you internally decide that there won't be different audio channels for voice instructions and audio when using music apps (e.g. Spotify, Tune In, YouTube music)?

You can adjust volume for voice instructions and music playback when listening to builtin radio though.
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 137 [Exalted Navigator]
    Sound is from the beginning a problem on my side. On AA I also have this problem no separate volume. And if I use the app and turn on always use phone 🔊 I hear an echo with a sec delay in Bluetooth on car radio. If use the option like phone call it cut off words...hope this will improve in the future..
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,552 Moderator
    DenisBixin wrote: »
    @lampard can you confirm this is a bug or did you internally decide that there won't be different audio channels for voice instructions and audio when using music apps (e.g. Spotify, Tune In, YouTube music)?
    The option to choose an Audio output channel is simply not there on AmiGO but only on the GO app. This is already forwarded to the product team as a feature request, I'll post back here once there's an update to share with you all.

Best, lampard

lampard wrote: »
    DenisBixin wrote: »
    The option to choose an Audio output channel is simply not there on AmiGO but only on the GO app. This is already forwarded to the product team as a feature request, I'll post back here once there's an update to share with you all.

Best, lampard

Thanks for the information, @lampard .

I'm not sure if it really is a feature request since it used to work in the very first AA versions.
    Personally, I would classify it as a bug.

However, it does not matter at the end of the day.

Great to hear you guys are aware of this issue!