your tracks cannot be shared due to an error

Randall_Eggert1Randall_Eggert1 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
your tracks cannot be shared due to an error

Comments

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 914 [Revered Pioneer]
    error on rider
    ?
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 714 [Revered Pioneer]
    This can happen when you forget to stop recording an turn off the device.

Try a drum reset.
    And if this doesn’t fix it do a full reset.
  • Randall_Eggert1Randall_Eggert1 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    "Drum" reset? Jargon? Scanned the PDF for "Drum" with no success.

Apparently, a GPS/Log/Tracking file must be closed to properly set the file to be transferred to the micro SDXC card.

You'll have to excuse me. I'm a long time Garmin user and I'm bringing Garmin baggage with me to try my hand at something else, the TomTom.

I'll have to try the jouwweb site on my wife's out-of-date Windows machine. I'm a Mac bigot.

I did find in the instructions on how to set tracking/journaling to 'default: on'.
    Drum reset

Full Factory reset -> Settings menu
  • Randall_Eggert1Randall_Eggert1 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    RoadRider, I did the HOLD the power button, powering the Rider off, then back on. After which I was informed of 9 updates. Safety Camera and 8 voices. Procedure referenced on pp 18 in the Rider's Manual. I'm going to continue to read more and when I get more questions, post them on this forum. I'll look forward to your future assistance.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,634
    Superusers
    edited June 20
    Hi
    @Randall_Eggert1
    "Drum" reset? Jargon? Scanned the PDF for "Drum" with no success.
    Soft restart/Drum-roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh
    RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a Tomtom drum-roll sound, then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade, large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....
    Apparently, a GPS/Log/Tracking file must be closed to properly set the file to be transferred to the micro SDXC card.
    Tomtom devices use class 10 Micro SDHC Memory Cards 16GB or (32GB Max size for a Tomtom device) Must be formatted FAT32....
    Tomtom devices can't see Micro SDXC cards (The exFAT Format is the wrong Format for Tomtom devices to read the data on the card)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • AlexktmAlexktm Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I use a rider 400 with Mydrive app on a samsung A41 and the app has lost all the routes.
    I get a message saying "error occurred please try later". If I add a route it does not save and comes up with the same message. Any ideas?
    Dit you use MyRouteApp op Tyre to send a Route to your Rider?
    I also had this problem after using this option in MRA. Solution delete all routes that have been uploaded with MRA or Tyre using the MyDrive Web version.