Tried to update Mazda NB1 SD Card. Now no maps — TomTom Community

Tried to update Mazda NB1 SD Card. Now no maps

MatthewJWMatthewJW Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi @VikramK

I saw your name against posts where you have provided a solution.

I picked up my new car today (2014 Mazda se-l nav.

The satnav worked fine, until I tried to update the card.

I tried TomTom Home. I went round and round trying to get updates, was unable to buy an update ("cannot connect to server" when it came to payments.

Eventually, I thought I had got somewhere but got "no maps" when I put the card back in the car and turned on the nav.

I'm now trying to download Europe on TomTom home and the blue bar estimated time is 6 hours 25 minutes. Its either gone up to 30:51 hours or it means minutes.

I'm not convinced I've got this right.

Please advise?

Thank you.

Best wishes

Matthew
Tagged:

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,518 Moderator
    edited June 18
    @MatthewJW
    Hi Matthew
    Welcome to the community! I am not sure which updates were offered when you connected the device last time.
    However, I have reactivated the map on the account. Try to check for updates now!

Regards,
    Vikram
  • MatthewJWMatthewJW Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi VikramK. Thank you for your prompt reply.

I now have maps on the card and the nav works. I don't know if they're the latest updates, it's perhaps unlikely. However, when I ask for updates none are available unless I buy the £55 map package.

I did try to buy the package but I could not complete payment as an error message appeared:

96r84i7liimx.jpg

Further, I want to activate Live but again this doesn't appear to be active on the nav and once again I am unable to proceed with purchasing the Live package because of the error message.

Please advise.

Best wishes

Matthew
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,518 Moderator
    Hi Matthew,
    No, it's not the latest map. I have re-activated the preinstalled map. You can try ordering the map using our map shop, here is a link- http://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/maps/travel-maps/

The SIM card on the Carminat TomTom gets deactivated or disabled when there is no active subscription(LIVE Services) for 3 years.
    I reviewed your account and I see the previous subscription ended back in 2014. More info on our support article
    I would not recommend purchasing LIVE Services.

Regards,
    Vikram