Connecting Go to Android Auto — TomTom Community

Connecting Go to Android Auto

FileasFoggFileasFogg Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I am trialling Go but it doesn't show in Android Auto on my Mercedes GLE, MBUX head unit. Google maps works perfectly. What do I have to do to integrate it.

Best Answer

• FileasFoggFileasFogg Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Many thanks to everyone for the help and guidance. I followed the advice and it turns out that it was my lack of familiarity with Android Auto that was at fault. I am now fully up and running with TomTom Go. Appreciated.

Answers

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 426
    Staff
    Hi @FileasFogg , please make sure to install TomTom GO Navigation app, version 3.1.0 (or newer).
    Android Auto functionality has been introduced in 3.1.0. If you still face issue, please update Android Auto on you phone to newest possible version, on my private phone I have AA in version 6.4.611714-release.
    Thanks for the info but I have the latest version 3.1.0 of TomTom Go and my version of AA, 6.5.612134, is later than yours.
    When I connect my phone to the Mercedes, with Android Auto, should TomTom Go appear automatically, or do I have to configure, or search for it somewhere. I have checked the Apps on the Mercedes MBUX but it does not appear.
  • irina-shkirina-shk Posts: 20
    Staff
    @FileasFogg you can customise AA launcher and select apps you;d like to see on your can head unit.
  • MUPMUP Posts: 342 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited June 15
    @FileasFogg
    On some types of smartfones e.g. One Plus the AA-App on is currently not able to present different 3rd party Apps.
    In some cases you could try to enable AA-dev mode > allow 3rd party content

Once AA at the smartfone is customized it should look like this

eldgdpjn0ew6.png

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 426
    Staff
    MUP wrote: »
    @FileasFogg
    On some types of smartfones e.g. One Plus the AA-App on is currently not able to present different 3rd party Apps.
    In some cases you could try to enable AA-dev mode > allow 3rd party content

Once AA at the smartfone is customized it should look like this

eldgdpjn0ew6.png

Thanks @MUP for this tip!
    Accepted Answer
    Many thanks to everyone for the help and guidance. I followed the advice and it turns out that it was my lack of familiarity with Android Auto that was at fault. I am now fully up and running with TomTom Go. Appreciated.