TomTom Go not showing up in the launcher

Tim_lee
Tim_lee Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
Hi,

I am really glad that TTG finally got access to the Android Auto system.
But I can't select TomTom Go in the AA launcher (settings).
It does show up in the package list (see screenshot).

Rebooting, developer mode and so on, doesn't work out.

is there a compatible versions list?
Like which version of Google Play store, Google Play services and so on.

icbmqrd5y4w6.jpg

Comments

  • lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 6,062
    Moderator
    Hi @Tim_lee

    Welcome to the Community! This is already been reported to Google, have a look at this thread here: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1134872/app-doesnt-appear-in-android-auto-launcher

    Best, lampard
  • Tim_lee
    Tim_lee Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @Tim_lee

    Welcome to the Community! This is already been reported to Google, have a look at this thread here: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1134872/app-doesnt-appear-in-android-auto-launcher

    Best, lampard

    Hi Lampard,

    Thank you for your reply.

    I did see that post.
    Unless TTG is also not available in the launcher settings (not the car module). It might be the same issue.
    TT Amigo isn't available neither.

    fssjbz7lk1dp.jpg
  • szachowa
    szachowa TomTom Staff Posts: 492
    Supreme Pioneer
    Interesting, in my case app is listed, see below:
    eldgdpjn0ew6.png

    What Android version do you have on your phone?
  • Tim_lee
    Tim_lee Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited June 2021
    szachowa wrote: »
    Interesting, in my case app is listed, see below:
    eldgdpjn0ew6.png

    What Android version do you have on your phone?

    Hi Szachowa,

    My OnePlus Nord is running Android Version 11, with the latest Oxygen OS update (11.1.1.3.AC01BA).
    I also had to activate Developer Mode - Unknown Sources (for spotify, TuneIn Radio).
  • irina-shk
    irina-shk Administrators, Staff Posts: 20 Staff
    @Tim_lee you can try clearing Android Auto app data.
    I have the same AA version and see no issues with launcher, both TomTom and Amigo are listed :/
  • MUP
    MUP Registered Users Posts: 675
    Revered Pioneer
    edited June 2021
    Tim_lee wrote:
    ... I can't select TomTom Go in the AA launcher ...
    Same issue with TomTom Amigo?
    Tim_lee wrote:
    ... My OnePlus Nord is running Android Version 11, with the latest Oxygen OS update ...
    Once googling for that problem:
    The combination of AA+3rdpartyApp in OP+OOS is a never ending story since a very long time.
    Google has to do some extra work in AA's detail as already discussed many times before in Google' product forum.
  • Tim_lee
    Tim_lee Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    irina-shk wrote: »
    @Tim_lee you can try clearing Android Auto app data.
    I have the same AA version and see no issues with launcher, both TomTom and Amigo are listed :/

    Hi Irina,

    that doesn't matter. I frequently reset my phone, flashing the latest firmware (instead of OTA).
  • Tim_lee
    Tim_lee Registered Users Posts: 5
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited June 2021
    Hi MUP,
    MUP wrote: »
    Tim_lee wrote:
    ... I can't select TomTom Go in the AA launcher ...
    Same issue with TomTom Amigo?

    Yes same with TomTom Amigo or another 3rd party navigation app.
    MUP wrote: »
    Tim_lee wrote:
    ... My OnePlus Nord is running Android Version 11, with the latest Oxygen OS update ...
    Once googling for that problem:
    The combination of AA+3rdpartyApp in OP+OOS is a never ending story since a very long time.
    Google has to do some extra work in AA's detail as already discussed many times before in Google' product forum.

    That might be the issue, maybe a custom ROM would fix it.
    next week I got some time to try that.

    thanks! :-)