TomTom Rider 550 - Black Screen — TomTom Community

TomTom Rider 550 - Black Screen

Anders_SAnders_S Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited June 9 in RIDER
My TomTom 550 - less than to years has know to times gone black while navigating. Subsequently, it is not possible to restart the device. The first time it took 3 days before it suddenly started up again and this time 6 days. I can of course send it for repair, but fear to be told nothing is wrong, now that it has come to life again. Others who have had a similar problem and know how to fix it?
Tagged:

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,531 Moderator
    Hi @Anders_S
    Welcome to the community!
    Could you test this again when driving with the screen orientation locked, see user manual

Thanks, Vikram
  • Anders_SAnders_S Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for the advice, but I have always been riding orientation locked. What I dont´t understand is why it stops working and after that there will go days before it suddenly starts working again. Could it be a Hardwear error?
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @Anders_S
    Welcome to the community!
    Could you test this again when driving with the screen orientation locked, see user manual

Thanks, Vikram

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,531 Moderator
    Thanks @Anders_S
    Have you tried a factory reset already?
    It should tidy up any software glitches, just in case something was touched during a map or a firmware update.

Main menu- Settings- System- Reset

To avoid losing your stored favourites on the device, you can create a back-up using MyDrive..

See user guide

Regards, Vikram
  • Anders_SAnders_S Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    No I haven’t tried that - thanks for the advice:-)