Rider 450: problem using a planned route — TomTom Community

Rider 450: problem using a planned route

ncl3ncl3 Posts: 16 [Master Explorer]
Hi,
I planned a trip 500 km long with 10 way points in MDC and then imported it in my Rider. Once on trip, I found the road closed, so I searched in the menu to skip to the next way point or to avoid that closed road, as you do with a single destination trip, but there weren't that menus. Instead there was only the menu "my route" and in it the only menu clickable was to delete the current route.
Is this normal?
Thanks

Best Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 1,062 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    prefer using itn files for route with stop
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,973
    Superusers
    edited June 1 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @ncl3
    If the journey has Stops I, much prefer .ITN Routes
    For me .GPX tracks for complex journeys are totally useless....
    I would suspect they would also be useless for most delivery drivers....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1707989/#Comment_1707989

ATB YFM
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 725 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    GPX Will always become a Track on the Rider.

You can use one of the many free converters to convert a GPX route to the ITN format.

If you have only 20 route point or less you can also use the “Send Destinations” option in MyDrive.
    Send ITN Route on my website can do the same with your GPX file up to 21 stops.

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 1,062 [Exalted Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer
    prefer using itn files for route with stop
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,973
    Superusers
    edited June 1 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @ncl3
    If the journey has Stops I, much prefer .ITN Routes
    For me .GPX tracks for complex journeys are totally useless....
    I would suspect they would also be useless for most delivery drivers....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1707989/#Comment_1707989

ATB YFM
  • ncl3ncl3 Posts: 16 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks for the replies. It is impossible to plan a trip on the device due to its biblical response time and the narrow screen.
    So I use MDC sincing the planned trip with my device. Looking at the linked discussion I have discovered that all the trips are in gpx format instead of itn..I don't know why
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 725 [Revered Pioneer]
    Accepted Answer

You can use one of the many free converters to convert a GPX route to the ITN format.

If you have only 20 route point or less you can also use the “Send Destinations” option in MyDrive.
    RoadRider wrote: »

Thanks i'm going to try your website to see the difference between itn and gpx
    RoadRider wrote: »

Thanks for your work. I did a trip of 650 km with 10 way-points and the navigator worked much more smoother with ITN