Renault Carminat and LIVE Services — TomTom Community

Renault Carminat and LIVE Services

ParadazParadaz Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited May 30 in Built in car navigation
So, I've paid for the TomTom LIVE Services from the main site, but then I've noticed that Renault Carminat has another option for LIVE SERVICES with a totally different price. When I try to enable the LIVE Services in the car, it just times out and never connects.

My question is whether the inability to connect is the main issue in itself, or do I have to purchase the Carminat LIVE SERVICES subscription (is it any different?) for it to work/connect in the first place.
I have connected the SD card to the computer and don't have an issue updating maps etc.

Renault Scenic Mk3 (2014)

Comments

• ParadazParadaz Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I've also just searched these forums and found another reply that states a subscription that is out of date by 3 years cannot be enabled and therefore only a refund is possible?
    @VikramK @DougLap ....are you able to provide any information regarding this? I have been in touch with official support for the last week and am going around in circles without them ever answering the question regarding;

• Does the 'Carminat' version of 'Live' have to be purchased for a Carminat satnav? Is there a difference between the Carminat version of LIVE and the normal version purchased on the main TomTom site
    • Does LIVE not even connect if there is no subscription......or does it connect and state no services have been purchased/subscribed to?

I have used my old SD card, put a new SD card in with a clean version of TomTom, I've factory reset.....I've provided the 'System Information' data from both cards (which are close to identical with exception to a few voices/images). Support tell me it's not working because I'm logged in however there is no method to login to the Carminat satnav....the only place I log into is 'TomTom Home' when my SD card is connected to the computer (and ensure I'm logged out when finished)

When I enable LIVE in the car, it just spins and times out. The 'status' page shows connectivity bars but states its disconnected.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,232 Moderator
    Hi @Paradaz
    There are two built-in TomTom devices linked to your account. I suppose your question is regarding the device serial number ending- 378
    The SIM in the device is probably deactivated; the previous subscription for LIVE services ended back in 2014. Unfortunately, the SIM can't be reactivated, so you can contact our customer service to raise a refund request.

Please read more about the SIM deactivation process here-https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013902020

Regards,
    Vikram
    Yes, serial xxxx378....thanks for the heads-up. The car is a 2014 plate so can only assume that LIVE has never been enabled on it.

I appreciate the rapid response....it's taken a week of email ping-pong with the official support team and I never got anywhere with this.