Renault Carminat Saying “problem with map you cannot use this map with this device”

Kole024
Kole024 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
After update and quick gps fix in my megane 3hb, it says “problem with map you cannot use this map with this device”

Device is tomtom carminat.

Can anyone help me with this?

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,070
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Kole024
    Welcome to the community! The map has been activated for your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTm HOME.

This map should get your device back to working condition, however, the version is really old and might be missing several road changes over the years.

If you wish to update the maps then you need to have an active subscription for map update services, you can order it on our webshop

For the best navigation experience, TomTom advises driving with the latest maps....

Thanks, Vikram

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,964
    Superuser
    Hi @Kole024

Hopefully @VikramK can sort your map for you. Look back here tomorrow.

Doug
  • VikramK
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Kole024
    Welcome to the community! The map has been activated for your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTm HOME.

This map should get your device back to working condition, however, the version is really old and might be missing several road changes over the years.

If you wish to update the maps then you need to have an active subscription for map update services, you can order it on our webshop

For the best navigation experience, TomTom advises driving with the latest maps....

Thanks, Vikram
  • Kole024
    Kole024 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    @VikramK , thank you so much, its all working fine again, thnak you.
  • Truli
    Truli Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hello community,
    I'm new to TomTom and to this fine group.
    I just bought a second-hand Renault Scénic 3. When I insert the maps SD and turn on the sat nav, I get an error similar to @Kole024's : "Problem with map You cannot use this map on this device: United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ireland-343".
    Could you advise what steps might I try to solve this?
    Thank you in advance!!
  • VikramK
    Hi @Truli
    Welcome to the community! A map has been activated for your TomTom.
    Just follow the same steps I mentioned above.

Thank you, Vikram
  • Truli
    Truli Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    That worked like a charm.
    Thank you very much @VikramK !
  • Simonimus
    Simonimus Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hello, I have the same problem. I purchased a second hand Renault scenic and I’ve got the same “problem with map cannot be used on this device.”
    I’ve tried copying the sad card off to another card but it has the same problem.

Any help or advice appreciated!

Simon.
  • VikramK
    Hi @Simonimus
    Welcome to the community!
    The map has been activated for your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTom HOME.

Thanks, Vikram
  • grga12
    grga12 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Apprentice Seeker
    hello i have same problem with my map habe original tom tom carimat in my renault megane 3 2010g.And i put sd card in computer and open tom tom home and click update after this i put in car media player card and they give me error PROBLEM WITH MAP YOU CANNOT USE THIS MAP ON THIS DEVICE : EUROPE -101259
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @grga12

Look back here tomorrow to see if @VikramK has ben able to activate your map for you.

Doug
  • VikramK
    Hi @grga12
    Welcome to the community!
    A map has been activated for your TomTom. Just follow the same steps I advised above.

Regards,
    Vikram
  • mar_sicha
    mar_sicha Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hello,
    I have the same problem. I got the original Carminat TomTom Europe maps for Renault from my friend, but they don't work in my car which is the same(Renault Megane 3). There is also a message like: You cannot use this map with this device. Can I ask for help with the activation? Thank you in advance!

Regards,
    Martin
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @mar_sicha

I am not sure whether you can take a map from one vehicle to another. You certainly can’t with PND units as the maps are tied to the serial number of the device they were supplied with or bought for.

Look back here on Monday to see what @VikramK has to say.

Doug
  • mar_sicha
    mar_sicha Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hi @DougLap

Thank you for your answer. I think I have the same problem that @Truli had here on February 18, 2021 and it looks like it wasn't a problem, but yes, I'll see what @VikramK writes. Thank you once again.

Martin
  • VikramK
    Hi @mar_sicha
    It's true that the maps can't be transferred from one device to another.

However, if you format the memory card and try a clean reinstalling, the device should be as a download.

f0ueaxdpwla4.jpg

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • Mohoney
    Mohoney Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I also installed Tomtom Home in my Mac but I can't find the option where I can update my SD Card.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,013
    Revered Voyager
    @Mohoney

To update a map, you must first purchase it.
    Connect the SD to the computer and launch Tomtom Home
    click on buy cards in the home page
    it will offer you to choose between 12 months map update service
    or the purchase of a single card.