How can I activate a micro-SDHC card in my PRO 5150? — TomTom Community

How can I activate a micro-SDHC card in my PRO 5150?

I am trying to expand the memory capacity of my TT Truck (lifetime maps) to be able to load more POIs.
I have tried different capacities, from 4 to 32 GB, different makes (all well known). I also have tried formatting on different computers, as MS FAT32 and ExFat.

However, I don't get the "format" command when starting the device. And in MyDrive Connect the memory card capacity remains grey.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,261
    Superuser
    Hi @Shmuel

If you format the cards on a PC then it has to be a full format and to Fat32.

If you Tap Menu/Settings/System there should be an option you can select there to Format Memory Card.

Doug
  • ShmuelShmuel Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited June 8
    I tried Fat 32 (and ExFat as well), and not the "Quick format", but the full length, like I had read on a variety of support sites.
    And when I go to Main menu (mine is in Dutch), then Settings, then there is no System. Resetting to factory defaults doesn't help either.
    And the TT support pages only send me around in circles :-(

That's why I am trying here.....
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,261
    Superuser
    Hi @Shmuel

Sorry about that. I see now your unit has the old style menu options. Have you tried a factory reset with a new card in it at the time that has been formatted to Fat32.

Also just in case are you gently pushing the card in so that it clicks and springs back slightly when you let go. You need to push a card in first if you want to release it.

Doug
  • ShmuelShmuel Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi @Doug

Thanks for your suggestions! I did all you suggested but unfortunately... no soap.

Is it possible there is a range of navigators with a micro-SD slot, mechanically working, but not recognised in the firmware? If so, I can save some nice music for en route on it and use the 5150 with POIs up to its boundaries.