Can not recover GO 620 just recycles all night long. — TomTom Community

Can not recover GO 620 just recycles all night long.

Have Go 620 which I have used for several years without problem. Recently the device started turning itself off and then rebooting while traveling. Then while still on the road the recovery mode screen came up and I no long had access to the device. No message, nothing to indicate anything wrong. Connected to computer, at first not recognized. Did hard reset and then computer started downloading recovery. When done the GO 620 rebooted and went into a loop with showing the recovery mode and the system again downloading a recovery file, over and over all night long. Is it possible that battery has gone bad and system glitched and now device does not install recovery correctly? I can never get back to navigation screen.

Comments

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 914 [Revered Pioneer]
    write to customer care email or live chat tomorrow
  • compphotocompphoto Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    How to contact support / chat for problem? I just get cycled back through support pages. Never see any chat button.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,230
    Superuser
    Hi @compphoto

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Perhaps @lampard or @VikramK might be able to offer a solution?
    Have tried and tried to contact support. Even finally got to a page which says to send e-mail to support you must sign in (thought I was already) every time I click it I get an error message which says to report it. Can't get through to anyone to report it. Can't get to the point I can get an e-mail address. In the meantime my TomTom Supreme 6" listed sometimes as Go 620 is bricked. What really gets me is the recycling though download of recovery and failure. Can't it just keep and find the downloaded recovery file on my system and try again and then give me some reason why it failed. Instead of just faling to book and and going back into downloading recovery. It just loops over and over. It seems the TomTom support system should detect that and realized the device is bricked and look for an alternative resolution
    Still unable to find any information on how to contact support. Support is non-existent. I've got a bricked expensive device and no way to get it working again. I don't like how I click on a page or selection like contact us and a page loads and then another different pages loads never giving you a change to see or click on anything and then you get sent back to where you started. Useless.
    Still looking for a way to contact support for help with my bricked GO Supreme 6" When I press contact it says you must be logged in, even when I have logged in before. When I try to log in I get an error message. Support telephone numbers don't work. Two different numbers I called I get an error tone and "your call did not go through". which does not explain anything. Are the numbers our of service? Were is the support staff? How can they be helping anyone when there is no way to contact them and you can't even sign in now to the support website, you just get an error 400 message.