Lifetime Speed Camera Updates — TomTom Community

Lifetime Speed Camera Updates

New to the community but I have used Tom Tom's for years in my business running a taxi company. Updated my Go 1000 & 1 of my Go 1005 in 2019 and have recently ordered a third to replace another Go 1005 and added a secondhand Go 5200 as a spare, all the cars have fixed installations so need a one that will fit the holder. So, when I received the 5200 the other day in the post went online to 'add it' to my account. Firstly had real problems getting MyDrive to even connect with TomTom but did eventually get to log into my account. Connected the unit up via my computer but of course it would not allow any updates as it needs to be done via WiFi. Went to do it through the unit but it appeared to be locked to the previous owners email / TomTom account? Got in touch with him to see if he would change it to my details but he said try a reset and see if that works. Did that and yes, it worked, set it up onto my account and everything worked as it should, but, then the 'fun' started! Suddenly, I received 5 emails into my inbox about my 'monthly subscription' to Speed Camera Updates which were for Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct, and Nov 2020. Not only that, but, I had also paid from Feb to Jun 2020? My subscriptions show I cancelled on 1/12/2020 but another subscription started on 29/10/2020 and cancelled on 1/12/2020 as well! To be honest I have no idea where they took the money from because it is not showing up in any of my bank accounts either personal or business? Now, looking in my account both the Premium X models are showing that the Speed Camera Updates need to be 'ACTIVATED' for a subscription. Can any body tell me what has gone wrong and have I paid TomTom a fortune for something that should have been free all the time!? Sorry to make it long winded but if I had not bought the secondhand one may well have continued in blissful ignorance.

Answers

• Ronnie_Vincent1955Ronnie_Vincent1955 Posts: 10 [Master Traveler]
    Just to add to the list, checking the account details on the 5200 it is also showing that the Europe Speed Camera Update needs to be activated for a subscription but I though it came with Lifetime Updates as well?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,099
    Superuser
    Hi @Ronnie_Vincent1955

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will pick this up on Monday and sort the Settings out on the TT servers to give you the "lifetime" updates you should be getting.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,844 Moderator
    Hi @Ronnie_Vincent1955

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
  • KBon84KBon84 Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Hello I'm using TomTom Go Premium X and I'm having this same issue.
    After logging to my Tomtom Account, you suggest me to renew my speedcameras for Europe subscription. I wonder why I should do it? I've already paid for lifetime maps and speed cameras and tomtom traffic. Can you check it for me?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,099
    Superuser
    Hi @KBon84

Hopefully @VikramK will pick this up tomorrow and sort it for you. Look back then.

Doug
    Hi @KBon84

Welcome to the community! I reviewed your TomTom account and wanted to confirm that all services- Maps/Traffic/Speed cameras are available for the lifetime of the device.

Are you checking the subscription status on the device or on our website?

Thanks, Vikram
  • KBon84KBon84 Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    On device everything is correct. Usually I update my device every Thursday via WIFI.
    However your website (after log in) says you should pay for speedcameras subsrpition.

Sounds strange
    Hi @KBon84
    The message on the website has been reported to the team. I can understand it could be confusing so about that.

At this point, I would suggest that you ignore the message on the website.

Thanks, Vikram
  • leebroath1976leebroath1976 Posts: 57 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited May 31
    I have also just logged into my account and its asking me to pay a subscription, when I purchased my Tomtom it came with Lifetime Maps Traffic and Speed Camera updates. Seems more and more people are seeing this, wonder why?
    Can someone please sort my account and revert back to Lifetime for everything
    0z25jh06kawi.jpg

• Qwerasdfg44Qwerasdfg44 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    edited June 1
    Good day,

I have on 05/31/21. Speed camera subscription extended and paid for via PayPal.

But the device doesn't show me all the radars.

What else should I do or how long will the installation take?

edited June 4
    Hi @leebroath1976
    Your TomTom has speed cameras updates for the lifetime of the device.

The error you see on the account page is a bug already reported to our team. Please see my reply on a similar topic-

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1750134/#Comment_1750134

@Qwerasdfg44
    I don't see a device linked to your TomTom account (used for our forum). So I am unable to review the status of the services.

The issue could be related to a software glitch, I would recommend that you do a factory reset and test it when you drive next time.

Main menu- Settings- System- Reset device.

To avoid losing your stored favorites on the device you can create a back-up using MyDrive..

See user guide

Regards, Vikram
  • leebroath1976leebroath1976 Posts: 57 [Legendary Explorer]
    Thank you VikramK
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category2

Lost_Soul
Lost_Soul
Yvettedriver
Yvettedriver