Old app for iphone — TomTom Community

Old app for iphone

akkisakkis Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hello,
I had bought the old TomTom app from the Apple store and recently bought a new iphone but the old app is not included in the purchased applications. On the old iphone 6s with ios 14 the old app works normally (without map updates).
How can I install the old app in the new iphone? I contacted with the support of Apple and they told me to contact with TomTom as a new application has been released and the old one is no longer available in the Apple store.
I know that exist the new app Go Navigation but in the old app there was features (like: I could insert or save GPS coordinates) that in the new app I think don't exist.
How can I save all my favorites places (places for my work) from old app?
Thank you.

Comments

• nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 63 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited June 2
    I bought a new iPhone 12 Pro Max a few months ago & can still use the old TomTom Navigator Western Europe app that I have owned since I bought it for my iPhone 3GS over 11 years ago. Have you tried doing a backup of your old iPhone 6s & restoring to the new iPhone?
  • akkisakkis Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you for your answers,
    on my iphone 12 up to ios 14.4 the old app TomTom I was installed with imazing or itools for windows. On ios 14.5 and later I can't install the old app and occur a error saying something "code signing certificate' and I found (google search) that because "Apple is updating developers' apps that use a legacy App Store code signing certificate with the latest version so that they can launch correctly in the upcoming releases of iOS 14.5 and iPadOS 14.5": https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/psa-apple-is-updating-old-apps-with-latest-signing-certificate-ahead-of-ios-14-5.2291920/ .
    A person wanted install another old app in ios 14.5 and said that: "It’s gone off the App Store and from your purchases list. You can force install it using a windows version of iTunes, but it won’t open on the device Saying it’s no longer available on the App Store".

So I must save all my favorites places (places for my work) from old app to My Drive account.

Thank you all.
  • nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 63 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited June 9
    I'm not sure why I still have the original & best TomTom app still working but you don't. It's active on my main iPhone 12 Pro Max & I just checked my other iPhones (XS & 6s Plus) & they still have the old app working with iOS 14.6 too.
    I've never needed to re-install the app. It's just there & working when I set up a new iPhone. I always used iTunes & now Music on my MacBook Pro.