TomTom GO 3.1.0 on Android: How to save current to My Places? — TomTom Community

TomTom GO 3.1.0 on Android: How to save current to My Places?

khykhy Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
With Android Go 3.1.0 how do you save the current location to My Places? I know the instruction (p84 of the manual) says tap current location arrow (vertical triangle) but when I do that all I get "Report Speed Camera" and the current address. There are no other options available. Pressing and holding the arrow does nothing.

With the previous version, this worked ok as I managed to save the current location before but with 3.1.0 I cannot find that functionality. Is this hidden somewhere or is missing?

Thanks.

kenny

Best Answer

• khykhy Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Answering my own question.

The functionality does exist and is accessible in the same way. However, find that I need to zoom in first on the vertical triangle and then the long press before the 3 vertical dots appear where I can select "Add to My Places". Without zooming in, the long press does nothing for me

kenny

Answers

• khykhy Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer

The functionality does exist and is accessible in the same way. However, find that I need to zoom in first on the vertical triangle and then the long press before the 3 vertical dots appear where I can select "Add to My Places". Without zooming in, the long press does nothing for me

kenny
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,704
    Superuser
    Hi @khy

For future reference if you Quickly Tap or do a longer press along the route you will get 2 difference menu option lists.

Doug
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 445
    Staff
    khy wrote: »

kenny

That is correct, at the moment this is the best way to add your current location to my places - Zoom in and long press the chevron.
    We have reported this improvement under GONAV-2025 (internal ticket for tracking).