New software v20.102 for TomTom Wi-Fi® devices available for download — TomTom Community

New software v20.102 for TomTom Wi-Fi® devices available for download

Hello all,

We've just released a new software v20.102 for all TomTom devices that update over the WiFi(excluding GO Discover). It should be available for download when you check for updates connecting the device to a WiFi® internet or using MyDrive Connect.

Release notes:
We have implemented a workaround for iOS users with unstable Bluetooth connectivity which will enable them to use live services again (TomTom Traffic and Speed Camera Alerts ) and to sync content from the MyDrive app.

Drive safe!

Regards
Vikram :)

Comments

• Luigimita82Luigimita82 Posts: 18 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    I have tried to update my Rider 550 and MyDrive App on iPhone 12 Pro Max...I have the same issue, BT connection very unstable
  • MakoShark2MakoShark2 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    edited March 3
    That's the kind of support you get from Tomtom lately... next to nothing.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014400819-TomTom-Navigation-Device-Software-Release-Notes

Release date: 01-Mar-21
    Version: 20.102.0003.411
    This applies to: GO Comfort, GO Supreme, GO 520/620, GO 5200/6200, GO Camper, Rider 500/550, GO 520/620, GO 5200/6200, VIA 53

We have implemented a workaround for users with unstable Bluetooth connectivity which will enable them to use live services again (TomTom Traffic and Speed Camera Alerts) and to sync content from the MyDrive app.

Seems they've "worked around" that joke of BT connectivity but failed miseberably.
  • Jem5100Jem5100 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks Vikram. This hasn't helped my bluetooth disconnection problem, but I know now what happens. When I turn on the device, bluetooth connects and MyDrive and traffic both connect. But after about 5 mins of driving they disconnect and in settings it says "no internet". This is because the MyDrive iPhone app has frozen - force quit the app, reopen it and all's good for the rest of the trip. Hope this helps you fix it because I shouldn't be using the iPhone while driving and on the freeway there's nowhere to stop and can't force quit the app and reopen it.
  • fredaroony2fredaroony2 Posts: 123 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    MakoShark2 wrote: »
    That's the kind of support you get from Tomtom lately... next to nothing.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014400819-TomTom-Navigation-Device-Software-Release-Notes

Release date: 01-Mar-21
    Version: 20.102.0003.411
    This applies to: GO Comfort, GO Supreme, GO 520/620, GO 5200/6200, GO Camper, Rider 500/550, GO 520/620, GO 5200/6200, VIA 53

We have implemented a workaround for users with unstable Bluetooth connectivity which will enable them to use live services again (TomTom Traffic and Speed Camera Alerts) and to sync content from the MyDrive app.

Seems they've "worked around" that joke of BT connectivity but failed miseberably.

I gave up on bluetooth connections ages ago as I was sick of sitting on the side of the road trying to get it to work. I just use a USB 4G Wifi dongle on the bike and it works perfectly
  • JezportJezport Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Updated today on my Tomtom Go Camper and now have got no message notifications.
    Have done factory reset but no avail.
    Please advise on a solution or I will be returning this satnav for a refund.
  • duncp73duncp73 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I'm assuming that I've installed this update, I have a tom tom premium and now it won't start up correctly, it keeps turning off and trying to start again. Is there plans to sort this out? I've tried doing resets but it doesn't help. I've even got a new device, same model, updated that and it's doing the same thing.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,971
    Superusers
    edited March 13
    Hi
    @Jem5100
    Jem5100 wrote: »
    Thanks Vikram. This hasn't helped my Bluetooth disconnection problem, but I know now what happens. When I turn on the device, Bluetooth connects and MyDrive and traffic both connect. But after about 5 mins of driving they disconnect and in settings it says "no internet". This is because the MyDrive iPhone app has frozen - force quit the app, reopen it and all's good for the rest of the trip. Hope this helps you fix it because I shouldn't be using the iPhone while driving and on the Freeway there's nowhere to stop and can't force quit the app and reopen it.
    There's an unresolved problem with the Apple iPhone iOS 13 & 14 and the and the MyDrive App's and the advanced Smartphone features....
    If you can live without the bells & whistles of the MyDrive App...
    Just use a straight simple Bluetooth Connection....
    Traffic will still work... MyDrive Route planning will work
    the only thing that does not work will be smartphone features....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1729911/#Comment_1729911

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Nigel ANigel A Posts: 123 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Just couldn't resist it, downloaded the update for my Rider 550, reset / reinstalled everything, worked perfectly, Yay! phone and messaging and notification, brilliant ! Shut it down, started up today, guess what, no actually you probable don't need to guess, Bluetooth connection failed etc. etc. So basically Tomtom incorporated a partial work around that owners cobbled together a year ago, and claimed it as their technical success. Why did I bother............ Not happy :(
  • 66mpg66mpg Posts: 13 [Master Traveler]
    edited May 3
    I have become accustomed to getting traffic to work as follows: start TomTom, then start Personal Hotspot on iPhone. If the TomTom powers down for any reason it is necessary to turn off Personal Hotspot, then turn it on again once TomTom is running again. It seems that the TomTom can only find the Personal Hotspot when it starts up. It can’t find one that is already running. This must be for TomTom to fix, not Apple.

Edit: I just had a little play. It seems that TomTom can now find an already open Personal Hotspot, so that’s progress.
  • SholtoSholto Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Can anyone help? I am trying in vain to download an update for speed cameras on my Go Premium X and keep getting “ooops something went wrong try again” have checked WiFi signal that’s Ok, this is the second time it has done this, what am I doing wrong? Now getting frustrated……..
  • Geoff_Anderson1945Geoff_Anderson1945 Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Dear Vikram, I have responded to your emails, thank you. However, the forum has not accepted my replies as I am not on the list of approved senders. Please add me to that LIST. THIS IS ALL BECOMING VERY FRUSTRATING .IN THE about MENU IT IS NOW SHOWING AS gprs DISCONNECTED. I believe that this problem has only arisen since the recent update of software. I have tried disabling wifi and bluetooth (which I have never used with the Go Premium X) and still gprs remains disconnected. I will try one more menu reset but I suspect that this is not the way forward now. Any further help would be much appreciated. Yours Geoffrey Anderson (Geoff_Anderson1945)
  • Geoff_Anderson1945Geoff_Anderson1945 Posts: 12 [Master Explorer]
    Dear Vikram, when connected to wifi traffic alerts are working. Once the Premium X is away from the wifi router I lose traffic alerts. Surely it must be that the gprs is not working. I have been through all the advice you have given me still to no effect. Regards Geoff_Anderson 1945
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,698
    Superuser
    Hi @Geoff_Anderson1945

I assume that you have used the regularly within the last 18 months with the Traffic working perfectly as if a unit is not used for 18 months plus then the inbuilt sim can be deactivated by the sim provider.

There are a couple of things you can try if the Factory Reset has not resolved the issue and they depend on when you got the unit and your confidence of doing what is suggested.

If the unit is still in Warrantee then contact Customer Support via Chat and ask them to confirm that the sim in your unit should be active and say that if it is then arrange its return to TT for repair if that's where you got it or to wherever you purchased it from. Should you still want them to repair the unit although it is out of date then you can arrange this at the cost they will advise.

If the unit is out of warrantee then you can try the following at your own risk. There have been the odd case of the inbuilt sims losing connection as the contacts on them have become corroded. To resolve this users have removed the label on the bottom of the unit to reveal the Mobile Sim and then carefully removed it. After gently cleaning the contacts on the Sim they have pushed the sim in and out to in effect clean the inner contacts and when finally inserted the connection has been made and Traffic etc restored.

There are no phone lines working because so many are working from home because of Covid.

Try the following:-

Tap Support at the top of this page
    Sign in Top Right of next Page. (you have to do this)
    When signed in Tap Contact Us bottom right
    Help Box appears and after a few seconds Get in Touch also appears
    Tap Get in Touch
    You are now offered Chat or Email. If Chat is closed, ie its not normal working hours Mon/Fri, it will tell you the hours that it will be available.

Chat is busy you may have to try a few times.

If it does not work exactly as described then try another Web Browser.

Doug