GPS disappears on Android Auto — TomTom Community

GPS disappears on Android Auto

solwisestevesolwisesteve Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
Upgraded to ver 3.1 last week. Previously I was using ver 3.0 with no issues on an Android 10 phone. Initially 3.1 was working fine on both the phone and also AA. Then it suddenly stopped getting location updates. It sits there showing my current location as outside my house all the time. I tried a full install and reinstall to no effect. Permissions show TomTom is allowed for Location.

Please help,

Mod edit:This discussion was created from comments split from: GO Navigation app 3.1 - Android Auto!.

Comments

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 447
    Staff
    edited May 24
    Upgraded to ver 3.1 last week. Previously I was using ver 3.0 with no issues on an Android 10 phone. Initially 3.1 was working fine on both the phone and also AA. Then it suddenly stopped getting location updates. It sits there showing my current location as outside my house all the time. I tried a full install and reinstall to no effect. Permissions show TomTom is allowed for Location.

Please help,

There is this known issue that we reported to Google, that GPS fix disappear on Android Auto head unit, whenever application is running on the phone with Android 10, currently we know about Samsung and Xiaomi devices.

As a workaround, please disable battery saving mode in settings for TT GO Navigation app.
  • solwisestevesolwisesteve Posts: 9 [Master Explorer]
    szachowa wrote: »

Please help,

There is this known issue that we reported to Google, that GPS fix disappear on Android Auto head unit, whenever application is running on the phone with Android 10, currently we know about Samsung and Xiaomi devices.

As a workaround, please disable battery saving mode in settings for TT GO Navigation app.

Cheers... yes my phone is a Redmi 9...

Setting now disabled. I'll report back.

Thanks