Can't update navcore! — TomTom Community

Can't update navcore!

carmenicacarmenica Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
Can't update navcore to TomTom Go 50 (18... to 20...) in My DriveConnect.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,629
    Superusers
    edited May 22
    Hi
    @carmenica
    How much free memory is there on your GO 50 ???
    400MB is considered to be the bare minimum Free Memory
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Free Space

zjo2bg3jm1jl.jpg
    Tomtom force tick Mandatory Updates.... Navcore updates QuickFixGPS etc....
    If an update is force ticked by Tomtom we can't deselect them....

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    As above the NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time....
    This will help to prevent a Log-Jam effect on the Tomtom Servers if something go wrong with one of the updates... The Server then only has to wait for one update file to Time-Out

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • carmenicacarmenica Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    It's clear I wasn't understood. My DriveConnect does NOT offer navcore upgrade. It seems that the device is up to date, but the navcore version of the device is 18 ....
    Superusers
    edited May 23
    Hi
    @carmenica
    What is the size and version if the installed Map ???
    See... Catch22....
    The early Maps fitted easily onto 8GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... The Map size now exceeds the 8GB on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices, this is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 9GB
    See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

(1)... Have you a small Keeper Map installed on the Onboard Memory and a 16GB or 32GB Micro SDHC Memory card installed ???
    If you have the small keeper Map installed, try removing Micro SDHC Memory card and see if the Navcore update is offered

(2)... Or are you using a Map zone....
    How much free memory is there on your GO 50 ???
    400MB is considered to be the bare minimum Free Memory
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Free Space

ATB YFM
    It's NOT about the MAP! It's about the navigation software (NAVCORE)! I would like only those who know what it is about to answer me!
    Superusers
    Hi
    @carmenica
    I'm >> NOT << talking about a MAP either...
    The Navcore is the Tomtom O/S for the various Tomtom devices...
    The NAV4 Navcore is installed using MyDrive Connect. If a Navcore is offered its usually force ticked and can't be deselected....

Best wait... For @VikramK or @lampard the Forum Moderators, They should pick this up Tomorrow and check your GO 50 on their backend systems....

P.S.... Have you tried clearing the MyDrive Connect Cache ??? To force a new data download ???

ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,170 Moderator

As per my team your GO 50 is already on the latest Navkit v20.100. I am not sure why this is not reflecting at your end.

Could you do a factory reset and check again?

Main menu- Settings- System- Reset

If you still see the version as 18.xx then I would recommend that you report this to our customer service to investigation why the firmware version is not displayed correctly on the device.

Regards, Vikram.
    I reset the GPS three times already! No change! I was able to update the map, but not the software. My DriveConnect does not offer software updates. g0nmyp5klban.jpeg