Start 62 can't be added to MyDrive Connect as a device — TomTom Community

Start 62 can't be added to MyDrive Connect as a device

Windows 10 Pro fully updated, MyDrive Connect v4.2.11.4200.

This has been outstanding for a while now. It used to connect fine and update the device. However, it then failed to update, so I removed it and then tried adding it back.

MyDrive Connect detects the device and asks if I would like to add it. I do, it then takes a few minutes until it comes up with a message "PLEASE TRY AGAIN. We are sorry something has gone wrong. It is currently not possible to add your device to your account. Please try again."

I have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling MyDrive Connect and I have reset the Start 62.

Everything else on the device works, that is it charges, picks up satellites, gives directions, etc.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,492 Moderator
    edited May 21
    Hi @ajkgordon
    Welcome to the community! I would recommend that you try the steps in the sequence below to troubleshoot the issue-

1. Disconnect the device from the computer.
    2. Perform a factory reset- Main menu- Settings- System- Reset
    3. Log-in to MyDrive on the device- Main menu Settings- MyDrive
    4. Now connect the device to the computer and open MyDrive Connect.

Do you see your START 62 listed under your account?

Regards, Vikram
  • ajkgordonajkgordon Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks Vikram. I have already tried a factory reset. However, I can't connect to my MyDrive account on the device until the device has been added to MyDrive Connect. The Start 62 doesn't have a separate network connection and can only connect via the MyDrive Connect app.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,492 Moderator
    Hi @ajkgordon

Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram
  • ajkgordonajkgordon Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Sent.