App doesn't appear in Android Auto launcher — TomTom Community

App doesn't appear in Android Auto launcher

Tommo3090Tommo3090 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
Doesn't work on Android Auto if you are only using your phone.
I can see the new App and select it in AA Launcher settings, but it doesn't appear in AA for navigation. The only options I have to choose are Waze or Google maps.
This is the same with Amigo as well.
I've tried Auto Android for phone screens, still doesn't work.
Using Galaxy A50 Android V11

Had some feedback from Tomtom via my review on Play Store -
"We do not have the requested feature as of now"
So not fully compatible with Android Auto after all, after all this time, disappointed

Mod edit: This discussion was created from comments split from: GO Navigation app 3.1 - Android Auto!.

Comments

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 432
    Staff
    Tommo3090 wrote: »
    I can see the new App and select it in AA Launcher settings, but it doesn't appear in AA for navigation. The only options I have to choose are Waze or Google maps.

So not fully compatible with Android Auto after all, after all this time, disappointed

Hi @Tommo3090, could you please provide more info about your setup?

I will try to find it, but I think we reported this to google. Please note that Waze and Google maps are not based on the same AA library as other AA apps like TT Go Nav, Amigo and even our other competition.
    Staff
    szachowa wrote: »

Hi @Tommo3090, could you please provide more info about your setup?

I will try to find it, but I think we reported this to google. Please note that Waze and Google maps are not based on the same AA library as other AA apps like TT Go Nav, Amigo and even our other competition.

OK, I think I found it: https://issuetracker.google.com/u/0/issues/179172845

This is response that we got from Google:
    Thanks for reaching out to clarify this. What you're seeing is expected because v1.0 of the Android for Cars App Library works only on Android Auto for car screens (i.e., when the phone is connected to an Android Auto-compatible car via USB or wireless).
  • MarkyGMarkyG Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for reaching out to clarify this. What you're seeing is expected because v1.0 of the Android for Cars App Library works only on Android Auto for car screens (i.e., when the phone is connected to an Android Auto-compatible car via USB or wireless).
    [/quote]

Typical. Any chance TomTom Go mobile can be made to work with voice commands so I don't get points on my license for using it when moving?
    Staff
    edited May 24
    MarkyG wrote: »

Typical. Any chance TomTom Go mobile can be made to work with voice commands so I don't get points on my license for using it when moving?

When it comes to voice command for Android Auto, we have created this feature request for Google:
    https://issuetracker.google.com/u/0/issues/182063324

This is the current status:
    Thank you for this feedback. More assistant integrations are in our roadmap, stay tuned.