Initial feedback on Android Auto release — TomTom Community

Initial feedback on Android Auto release

tackletarttackletart Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
While TTGO was not on AA i have been trying AmiGo, Google Maps my Cars Garmin & Waze
I drive through a lot through No Signal areas so ended up using downloaded Google maps, didnt like Garmin at all

Just renewed my TTG sub and hey presto GO on AA appeared. What a relief.
It was fine everywhere now.
As mentioned by others there are a few issues but its early days still. I find it totally usable and I thank the TTGo team for their work, I love it

Initial comments Icons and font too small considering the Extra space available, side bar obviously, and would like an alternative route button.
There does seem to be a problem with phone calls blocking which is a major issue. But otherwise, only used a few times but it seems totally stable. Thank you, with you for the next 10 yrs Tom Tom is king of Nav.

This discussion was created from comments split from: New version 3.0 for GO Navigation App (Android).

Comments

• szachowaszachowa Posts: 447
    Staff
    tackletart wrote: »
    While TTGO was not on AA i have been trying AmiGo, Google Maps my Cars Garmin & Waze
    I drive through a lot through No Signal areas so ended up using downloaded Google maps, didnt like Garmin at all

As mentioned by others there are a few issues but its early days still. I find it totally usable and I thank the TTGo team for their work, I love it

Initial comments Icons and font too small considering the Extra space available, side bar obviously, and would like an alternative route button.
    There does seem to be a problem with phone calls blocking which is a major issue. But otherwise, only used a few times but it seems totally stable. Thank you, with you for the next 10 yrs Tom Tom is king of Nav.

Thank you @tackletart for these good words!

May I ask for more info about this issue:
    There does seem to be a problem with phone calls blocking which is a major issue.

What are the steps to reproduce it, we will check and see if this can be fixed.
  • tackletarttackletart Posts: 5 [Master Traveler]
    szachowa wrote: »
    tackletart wrote: »

Thank you @tackletart for these good words!

May I ask for more info about this issue:
    There does seem to be a problem with phone calls blocking which is a major issue.

What are the steps to reproduce it, we will check and see if this can be fixed.

All working fine now thank you. Now I understand the limitations Google allow, hopefully they will allow more freedom in the future but it is good to be back with Tomtom and maps when offline!!