New watch - wont turn on — TomTom Community

New watch - wont turn on

AxelAndersenAxelAndersen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi

I just bought a new watch TomTom Runner 2 and connected it to my pc.
It started charging and i connected the watch to my account, everything worked perfect.

Then I took the watch out of the charger and it just died, i cant get anything on the screen.
I have reset the watch 5 times.

Any idea?

Best regards,
Axel

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    Where did you buy a new watch from, as TT Sports went out of business over 3.5 years ago and ceased all production and development (the watches are obsolete)? I assume it was a used model? It sounds like a depleted battery, it is using the AC power when it is plugged in but as soon as it is unplugged it goes to the battery which is dead. Return it to wherever you got it and go with a new watch from another brand.
  • AxelAndersenAxelAndersen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Its brand new, never been used.
    Bought it from a retailer here in Denmark
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,734
    Superusers
    Its brand new, never been used.
    Bought it from a retailer here in Denmark

I thought they were all supposed to have been pulled from the shelves years ago. I am shocked the store sold it to you knowing that the company went out of business over 3.5 years ago, Seems like a dishonest practice, but they probably saw it as a chance to get rid of dead inventory. n any case, the battery is depleted and can't be replaced so return it (they have very short battery lives). Do not get another TT as they are obsolete, have ongoing issues that will never be updated and are barely supported. The straps have a very short lifespan and cannot be replaced, invest your money in a watch that is from an active brand.