GO Navigation app 2.6 - Page 2 — TomTom Community

GO Navigation app 2.6

2»

Comments

• SinnySinny Posts: 146
    Staff
    Rob19 wrote: »
    Justyna/Lampard

Please clarify the following: if in v2.6 Myroutes is chosen and while enroute the Go app discovers that due to changing traffic conditions, a faster alternative route with the same waypoints is available, what does the app do with that new information?

>If you are using a synced 'track' from MyDrive, you will not be offered faster routes.
    >If you are using a route that you created and saved on your phone, then you will be offered faster routes.

So routes you create and save on your phone can be adjusted, but tracks synced from MyDrive cannot be adjusted.
  • Rob19Rob19 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Thanks for the response This distinction based on the source of the route seems artificial and makes the use of any route derived from MyDrive problematic for me. As I have posted in another thread, one of the primary advantages of the go app for me is its ability to change routes on the fly. Having to give that up in order to sync to MyDrive is not helpful. I would ask that tomtom consider making the faster routes option available in all events.
  • LevispLevisp Posts: 74 [Supreme Navigator]
    edited May 14
    IMHO tracks should stay as they are as Tracks. I don't want the app to change this on me if I'm riding on a track. However that's the whole point of routes. I think MyDrive syncing of routes is not very intuitive. It's not available for syncing to iPhone Go app but maybe this will change. MyDrive needs tweaking to make it move obvious what you are syncing. At the moment you have 'Send Stops' or 'Save to My Routes' . I have only recently realised that 'Send Stops' results in a Route on my Rider 550! So why not make it simple. Two options 'Save as Route' or 'Save as Track'
  • dontpannicdontpannic Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi, first post in here!

After being let down by tiny issues with all alternative maps apps compatible with CarPlay I installed Go Navigation and paid the 12 month subscription and although it’s a huge improvement, and I’ve just installed 2.6 (I’m on iOS 14.5.1) and unfortunately CarPlay is still buggy. I’ve restarted my phone since the upgrade but to be able to get TomTom to display on the Dashboard view I have to launch the app first, plan a route, end the route, switch to 3D mode, zoom in, then finally enter dashboard view where things work as they should (with the exception of the top right panel being empty in dashboard view).

I see the other CarPlay improvements in this version however the broken dashboard view is highly irritating - are there any logs I can give you guys to assist in a fix? If CarPlay Dashboard view worked properly without the faff it’s the perfect Nav app :)

Cheers,
    Nick
  • Rob19Rob19 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Levisp wrote: »
    IMHO tracks should stay as they are as Tracks. I don't want the app to change this on me if I'm riding on a track. However that's the whole point of routes. '

I agree completely that if a user wants to follow a track in all events then that is what the app should do. My point was that if a track is selected and enroute the app sees an hour delay that can be avoided by a route modification, then it should give the user the option of leaving the track.

• Jem5100Jem5100 Posts: 5 [Master Explorer]
    Great to have My Routes in v2.6, but still hasn’t fixed the traffic problem - traffic still disconnects after a few minutes of driving. Ok on wi-fi. Have tried changing to 3G network as suggested in the “traffic not working” thread but that doesn’t help. Only way I can get traffic is to connect phone to a hotspot on a spare phone which is a pain every time I get into the car.

Traffic is much more important to me than My Routes, so I hope this can be fixed soon.
  • LevispLevisp Posts: 74 [Supreme Navigator]
    Rob19 wrote: »
    Levisp wrote: »
    IMHO tracks should stay as they are as Tracks. I don't want the app to change this on me if I'm riding on a track. However that's the whole point of routes. '

I agree completely that if a user wants to follow a track in all events then that is what the app should do. My point was that if a track is selected and enroute the app sees an hour delay that can be avoided by a route modification, then it should give the user the option of leaving the track.

Cool idea especially if user selectable.

• loekfloekf Posts: 58 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Jem5100 wrote: »
    Great to have My Routes in v2.6, but still hasn’t fixed the traffic problem - traffic still disconnects after a few minutes of driving. Ok on wi-fi. Have tried changing to 3G network as suggested in the “traffic not working” thread but that doesn’t help. Only way I can get traffic is to connect phone to a hotspot on a spare phone which is a pain every time I get into the car.

Traffic is much more important to me than My Routes, so I hope this can be fixed soon.

Same here. This was supposed to be fixed in 2.6 ????

My workaround still is to use VPN to a server in the Netherlands (VyprVPN), which makes zero sense because I am in The Netherlands.

This was suposed to be related to IPv6.

As mentioned before I am on KPN here. Since iOS 14.5 I am also using 5G.

Sounds like TomTom still has no clue what is the rootcause.
  • yamfjryamfjr Posts: 9 [Master Traveler]
    'My routes' is not displaying the in the menu on Apple Carplay? I can use it on the iphone but not in the car? what am I missing?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,666
    Superuser
    edited May 16
    Hi @yamfjr

Same for me so I assume at the moment My Routes is not available in the CarPlay menu.

Doug
  • ajukajuk Posts: 19 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    yamfjr wrote: »
    'My routes' is not displaying the in the menu on Apple Carplay? I can use it on the iphone but not in the car? what am I missing?
    My Routes does not appear in the CarPlay menu but you should be able to select the route you want in My Routes on the phone and the route will then appear in CarPlay. Works for me only a slight inconvenience but then it does stop me selecting a route when on the move which is probably a good thing for safety.

• gallafentgallafent Posts: 13 [Legendary Explorer]
    JulienPLI wrote: »
    Good but I would like to have the option to automatically switch by the fastest route when there is traffic.

Yes, and you're certainly not the only one. The genuinely ridiculous thing is that in app versions up to 2.3 (might have been 2.2, can't remember) (and in the predecessors to this app on iPhone and Windows Mobile at least, for well over a decade), this option was available. It was removed in 2.4, completely inexplicably. Its absence leads to a whole stack of user experience pain, extra cognitive load and confusion for the driver, the presentation of instructions to take a slower route and the driver having to explicitly choose the “green line”, etc., … and it's baffling that it hasn't been added back in yet. What was/is the product manager / product owner thinking?!

A navigation system which can't automatically reroute in case of traffic conditions changing is genuinely appalling, in any time since about 2005. My subscription runs for about another month, and at the moment it won't be renewed, I'll just do some research and switch to whichever competitor looks best. I'll probably leave the app on my phone so I can check each update to see when this feature is restored, and in all likelihood will resubscribe when it is, unless of course I've got too comfortable with whatever I switch to. I had a conversation with support about this some months ago when the feature was first removed, and “adding this feature” has been “passed to the development team”. What is unclear is why on earth it was ever removed.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0