World maps non existent on the TomTom GO wifi 520 — TomTom Community

World maps non existent on the TomTom GO wifi 520

Purchased a GO 520 from Amazon AU, marketed with world maps... only has Europe maps installed. how can I download "world maps" that include Australian maps as well

Best Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,186 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @fgnagy_nagy
    Welcome to the community! My team has fixed the services for your GO WiFi 520.
    Please do a soft reset and then try to add a new map.

Regards, Vikram
  • fgnagy_nagyfgnagy_nagy Posts: 11 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you Vikram !!!

Answers

Purchased Go520 with World Maps from Amazon AU and only has Europe maps installed how do I download Australian maps onto the device
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,445
    Superusers
    What do you see when the Device is connected to wifi and you tap on Menu/Settings/Map -->Add Map?
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/gox20x/html/en-gb/index.htm#Maps-Prato.htm
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,234
    Superuser
    Hi @fgnagy_nagy

You should be able to:-

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Maps
    Tap Add a Map
    Scroll down to Asia Pacific section and Tap Australia

You will be given the size of the map so you can check you have enough spare space on the unit and still have a minimum of 400mb of free space on the internal memory which is required for operational purposes. If you do not have sufficient space then you need to install a Micro SD Class 10 memory card either 16gb or 32gb are recommended and format them on the unit for Maps.

If doing the above you are not offered the World Maps then advise here and we can ask one of the Mods to review your units settings tomorrow on the TT servers and change if required.

Dog
    When i click on add a map, it does not give me a choice of maps, only available space on device...
    When i click on add a map, it does not give me a choice of maps, only available space on device...
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,445
    Superusers
    I would recommend you to contact the support.
    They can change the device profile that it shows you the maps.

How to contact the support:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,234
    Superuser
    Hi @fgnagy_nagy

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up tomorrow and look at your units settings on the TT servers and get them sorted. Look back here tomorrow to see what they say.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,186 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @fgnagy_nagy
    Welcome to the community! My team has fixed the services for your GO WiFi 520.
    Please do a soft reset and then try to add a new map.

Regards, Vikram
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you Vikram !!!
    Done TY
  • LepreLepre Posts: 96 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Hi VikramK,
    do you know when the new maps will come out?

Thanks so much