TomTom GO WiFi 6200 screes goes blank/dark and my navigation is interrupted — TomTom Community

TomTom GO WiFi 6200 screes goes blank/dark and my navigation is interrupted

I experience frequent cut outs and reboots with my TomTom Go 6200. It means that my screes goes blank/dark and my navigation is interrupted for a short while and then the screen come back with my route for about 50 seconds before the whole process starts again. From time to time the sat nav is shutting down and has to reboot before the screen with my route and the navigation resumes again for a few seconds. Please can anyone tell me what the problem might be.

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,365
    Superusers
    Hi
    Have you inserted a Memory Card in your Satnav?
    How do you start your device... from sleep mode or from a real Off
    Have you already reset it to factory settings?
  • bernd1955bernd1955 Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Thanks for reply. I usually dont switch my sst nave off separately when I switch off my car ignition. I have a memory card in my seat navs. I have not reset my sat nav to factory setting due to fear of losing my data. Also I dont know how to do that. B.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 15,365
    Superusers
    Your "My Places" are saved in your personal tomtom cloud.
    You can log in the MyDrive with the data you also use in the device and can check whether all "My Places" are backed up.
    https://mydrive.tomtom.com
    If everything is properly saved there, you can reset the device to factory settings in the device -->menu/settings/system/reset device .

When you set it up again, your "My Places" are then synchronised from the cloud back to the device.
    Other settings such as alerts and tones and brightness will need to be reset.