GO Navigation app 2.6 — TomTom Community

GO Navigation app 2.6

Hello all,

We have released GO Navigation App version 2.6. This includes:
  • Limited release of My Routes sync with MyDrive.
  • CarPlay now shows a route preview and alternative routes
  • Improved subscription menu
  • Bug fixes and improvements

I hope you will like it ;)
Please note, that this is a staged roll out ;)

Regards,

Justyna

Comments

• PritVaderPritVader Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    And it’s finally here! Shows up as 2.6 though but it has MyDrive sync 😀

Can’t wait to try it this weekend!

rmk1vaevlrda.jpeg
  • smudger64smudger64 Posts: 73 [Supreme Navigator]
    It’s here and it works!

Thank you!
  • LevispLevisp Posts: 74 [Supreme Navigator]
    Yes I got update this morning. Brill !! Thank you. Been waiting for this functionality for a long time. A couple of observations.

1) MyDrive routes are now synced to app as tracks.
    2) Sending stops from MyDrive to create a route does nothing.
    3) You can create a route in the Go App and save route to MyRoutes.
    4) MyDrive tracks in Go App can only be edited in MyDrive.
    5) Routes created in the Go App are local to app. Can be edited in app. Are not synced to MyDrive.

A great addition. As far as I can see the only thing that is missing is the ability to send stops from MyDrive to create a route. Maybe when the dust has settled.

Thank you TomTom. =)
  • Herby2Herby2 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just updated my iPhone with TomTom v2.6. I now have a "MyRoutes" option available in the main menu. Tapped on it and shows the routes saved in MyDrive. I only have two saved routes but both show up in the Go app and available to navigate.
    Many thanks TT :3
  • edwinstam1985edwinstam1985 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Yup! Same here! You cant possibly imagine how happy I am as an avid biker. I'm going to test it with Apple CarPlay upcoming sunday!

Thank you SOOOOO much!!!!
  • csontimontircsontimontir Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Yes, it works properly, it will be very useful on my next trip if the virus disappears. Thank you very much for this feature. =)
  • PalfermanPalferman Posts: 122 [Supreme Navigator]
    Good to see alternative routes on CarPlay too
    You have always been able to create routes with waypoints from within the Go App but now you can safe them in MyRoutes. These are local to the app and are not synced to MyDrive. This as well as syncing tracks from MyDrive make this app so much more useful for me. Brilliant.

There is now only one thing missing regards routes/tracks and that is the ability to import a GPX file. Maybe something to consider for the future either directly into app or via MyDrive.
    Some feedback regarding MyDrive.

The My routes are not displaying the in the menu on Apple Carplay. However, you CAN select a track / route on the phone, and have it displayed on the Apple Carplay screen.

Or is it hidden somewhere else? I have had a small testrun and it works well. Even if you skip a marker, it will continue to the next marker on-route. Something what other apps always struggle with.

I'm one happy camper!
  • ajukajuk Posts: 19 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    At last. Has been a very long wait. Great to be able to display a "My Route" route on Apple CarPlay. Just what I needed.
  • JW024JW024 Posts: 6 [Master Explorer]
    Tadaaa! I do have V2.6 on my IPhone and it seems to work: my favorite routes are included! Thanks Jurgen, I am now willing to pay for this app.
    edited May 13
    Levisp wrote: »
    You have always been able to create routes with waypoints from within the Go App but now you can safe them in MyRoutes. These are local to the app and are not synced to MyDrive. This as well as syncing tracks from MyDrive make this app so much more useful for me. Brilliant.

There is now only one thing missing regards routes/tracks and that is the ability to import a GPX file. Maybe something to consider for the future either directly into app or via MyDrive.

I've noticed that the website mydrive.tomtom.com (so not the app) doesn't work on the iPhone, but DOES work on the iPad. You can browse folders and drives (like GoogleDrive and Apple's similar product). So now, I'll just travel with my iPad in case I want to create routes or upload GPX files.

Cheers, knew that MYDrive web can import GPX files, did try using web app on iPhone but doesn't work. Nice to know that the iPad does.
  • bruceybrucey Posts: 184 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Well done TomTom, please keep the app improvements coming particularly with CarPlay functionality, the alternative route option is excellent.

• Vik117Vik117 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    edited May 14

5) Routes created in the Go App are local to app. Can be edited in app. Are not synced to MyDrive.

I see My Routes now with version 2.6. However, I am not able to create Routes on the Go app. I created a route with multiple Stops but don't see any option to save it to My Routes. Can someone please share how to create and save the Route in Go app?
  • Vik117Vik117 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    edited May 14
    JW024 wrote: »
    Tadaaa! I do have V2.6 on my IPhone and it seems to work: my favorite routes are included! Thanks Jurgen, I am now willing to pay for this app.

Do you see the routes as Tracks on iPhone Go app synced with MyDrive? or does it show with Multiple stops?
  • JulienPLIJulienPLI Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Good but I would like to have the option to automatically switch by the fastest route when there is traffic.
  • nigelbbbnigelbbb Posts: 75 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    JulienPLI wrote: »
    Good but I would like to have the option to automatically switch by the fastest route when there is traffic.

+1

Even just having an audible warning that a faster route is available would help.

How does this phased roll out work? Is it random by user? For version 2.5 I had to wait a week before I could update. Will I always get the new version a week later than everybody else?
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,527 Moderator
    edited May 14
    Hi @nigelbbb

We are in the process of a staged rollout over 7 days during which the team will monitor the stability levels and release the update in the next few days. The update will be available to an incrementally larger group of users based on different quality and performance indicators.

I think if you search for the GO app on the App store (on phone), you should see an update button. (instead of waiting to see the TomTom app appear in your list of apps with updates) Let me know if it works.

Best, lampard
    edited May 14
    Vik117 wrote: »

I see My Routes now with version 2.6. However, I am not able to create Routes on the Go app. I created a route with multiple Stops but don't see any option to save it to My Routes. Can someone please share how to create and save the Route in Go app?

Just tap anywhere on the blue route line and you get a menu pop up 'Route to" then tap on the menu icon (circle with the 3 dots), this expands menu, select 'Manage Route' then 'Add to My Routes'

The route will be saved to Go App. It will not be synced to MyDrive. It's local to app.

edited May 14
    Vik117 wrote: »
    JW024 wrote: »

Do you see the routes as Tracks on iPhone Go app synced with MyDrive? or does it show with Multiple stops?

MyDrive routes are synced as tracks to iPhone Go App exactly the same as a navigation devices. At the moment sending stops to create a route is not available to app.

• bruceybrucey Posts: 184 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    If you are already thinking about v2.7 it would be good if the total traffic delay was displayed on the main driving view if the traffic bar is not be possible with CarPlay.

If there was a sizeable delay I would then have the option to display alternative route and calculate an alternative rather than the current ‘green alternative’ which is often presented with little or no notice.

Thanks for consideration TomTom and app is definitely moving in the right direction.
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @nigelbbb

We are in the process of a staged rollout over 7 days during which the team will monitor the stability levels and release the update in the next few days. The update will be available to an incrementally larger group of users based on different quality and performance indicators.

I think if you search for the GO app on the App store (on phone), you should see an update button. (instead of waiting to see the TomTom app appear in your list of apps with updates) Let me know if it works.

Best, lampard

Thanks for the tip. I wasn't offered it in the list of app updates but when I looked in the App store I was offered the updated version so I now have version 2.6 installed.
  • Rob19Rob19 Posts: 11 [Legendary Explorer]
    Justyna/Lampard

Please clarify the following: if in v2.6 Myroutes is chosen and while enroute the Go app discovers that due to changing traffic conditions, a faster alternative route with the same waypoints is available, what does the app do with that new information?
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0