Go 60 - MDC has corrupted my satnav's SD card
1. Remove SD card from device
2. Insert card into adaptor - make sure adaptor is unlocked
3. Insert adaptor into card reader and insert reader in to computer
4. File explorer recognises a USB device, insists it must be formatted
5. Attempt to format - Windows says device is locked.
+ In Windows Device Manager, navigate to 'Disk drives', select 'Multiple Card Reader USB'
+ Right click and select 'Uninstall device' (ignore warnings)
+ When complete, 'Scan for hardware changes'
+ Repeat steps 4 and 5 above
I have also performed factory reset on device (I really don't need pre-installed maps of Australia and New Zealand), so I don't know what else I can do. I don't want to try another card and risk corrupting a third one. Has anyone got any sensible ideas?
Device = Go 60
SD card size = 32gb
Purchase date of card = 9 May 2021
OS = Win 10 20H2
MDC = 22.214.171.12400
Location = United Kingdom