Now in May and getting similar problem — TomTom Community

Now in May and getting similar problem

WatersparkWaterspark Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited May 10 in MyDrive Connect
MyDrive downloads updates and is waiting for device. Via 135 initially connects and then displays 'Something has gone wrong' although MyDrive continues to show 'connected'.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,158 Moderator
    edited May 10 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Waterspark @Whitney1234

Could you try a workaround suggested by one of our users on the German community:

"After reading through three different forums "Threads" with the same problem and with my "An error has occurred ..." problem, which some others also have, I was able to solve the riddle after many hours of searching around . The navigation system does not save the time and sets it back to 2009, especially during the reset processes. That is where the problem lies. It seems as if the update server does not want to accept this old date. I managed to get the navigation system onto the balcony so that it could read the current time and time zone, and my patience was rewarded. Once the time was read in and then strapped back to the USB port, the update process FINALLY starts!"
    - @satmonk

Comment link- https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/comment/1756538/#Comment_1756538

Machine translated(German)

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• Whitney1234Whitney1234 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    Hello! I am trying to update my North American maps. I have an older TomTom that I haven't used in a very long while and never with a Windows computer. When I bought it in Europe, I had a Mac. My computer recognizes that the device is plugged in, but when I try to update the map I get "This service is temporarily unavailable" on my TomTom screen. I have rebooted the device, plugged it in and out, erased it back to factory settings, tried updating maps on multiple computers... I am running out of things to try! Any help or ideas? I am about to take my young sons on a road trip and I really would like this running properly. Thank you!!!! -Whitney
  • WatersparkWaterspark Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Deleted folders as suggested and re-installed MyDrive connect. Reset VIA135 . Logged in to MDC and then connected VIA. Started update process and shortly after got 'Something went wrong...' message again on VIA. Shut VIA down and re-started and MDC then continued downloading. All well until MDC tried to load to VIA when 'Something went wrong...' again! Any other ideas? Running on nearly new laptop with current Windows fully updated
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,158 Moderator
    edited May 10 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Waterspark @Whitney1234

Could you try a workaround suggested by one of our users on the German community:

"After reading through three different forums "Threads" with the same problem and with my "An error has occurred ..." problem, which some others also have, I was able to solve the riddle after many hours of searching around . The navigation system does not save the time and sets it back to 2009, especially during the reset processes. That is where the problem lies. It seems as if the update server does not want to accept this old date. I managed to get the navigation system onto the balcony so that it could read the current time and time zone, and my patience was rewarded. Once the time was read in and then strapped back to the USB port, the update process FINALLY starts!"
    - @satmonk

Comment link- https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/comment/1756538/#Comment_1756538

Machine translated(German)

Regards, Vikram
  • WatersparkWaterspark Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Vikram, this was clearly the problem. As our current car has Satnav we only use the VIA in a motorhome (which hadn't been used for months). Having now charged the VIA and allowed it to pick up location and time the update worked straight away. I imagine this catches a lot of people out - can I suggest a note be included in the next update email?