How do I transfer my maps from my device to the SD card? — TomTom Community

How do I transfer my maps from my device to the SD card?

My Start 52's interface is clumsy and slow. It's really frustrating. I'm wondering its being slow is about the maps, etc. all being stored on the device. I bought the SD card after using the device for some time, and when I use MyDrive Connect to update it, I can see the card's empty and everything is stored on the device.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,669
    Superusers
    edited May 12
    Hi
    @snledx
    The NAV4 devices like your Start 52 need at least one Map installed on the onboard before the device will boot up....
    400 MB is considered the bare minimum Free Working Space
    The more Free Space the faster the device will operate
    Check Free Space... Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About... Scroll down to Free Space....

So if you have more than one Map on the device you can move the larger map to the Memory Card....
    I would install a 16GB or 32GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Memory Card....
    The Memory Card can only contain Maps or be used to transfer Planned .ITN or .GPX Routes
    The Map cannot be split across the on-board Memory and a Micro SDHC Card... For the new larger Maps you need to install a Branded Class 10 Micro SDHC memory card an 8GB Memory Card is usually useless, so a 16GB or 32GB is required (32GB is the Max size Class 10 Micro SDHC Card for a Tomtom device)

Have you got 2 Maps installed on the device ??? MyDrive Connect only Monitors the Active Map... The Post linked to below should explain how to Move/Update a device with multiple Maps installed....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1121585/nav4-devices-mydrive-connect-not-offering-the-latest-map-update

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • snledxsnledx Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    zuj5oo87yt8r.png
  • snledxsnledx Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for the reply. I only have the one map, so I guess there's nothing I can put on the memory card.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,669
    Superusers
    Hi
    @snledx
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM