Where can I purchase a spare windscreen mount and cable for my Go Discover? — TomTom Community

Where can I purchase a spare windscreen mount and cable for my Go Discover?

SoftwebSoftweb Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited May 12 in GO Discover & GO Expert
I make my own bespoke vent mount and I am not sure if the accessories advertised are compatible. Go Discover compatibility is not mentioned in the adverts. Thanks

Best Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,468
    Superusers
    edited May 11 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Softweb
    Welcome to the site....
    The 7" GO Discover Mount is different... And NOT interchangeable....
    It's more substantial... With a wider spacing between the device locating lugs... A 70mm diameter Suction-cup... Plus a Ring-nut type clamp for the ball joint.... Also, the Power adapter is rated 5v 2.4 Amp and the USB cable also has a higher current rating....

xqzo9rfvd58r.jpg
    As far as I'm aware the 5" & 6" Discover models use the standard Active mount....
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,906
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    @Softweb

If you have the 6" version of the Go Discover this one is compatible https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/accessories/mounts-docks/click-go-mount-charger/
    I have a 6" and a Go 5200 and they are interchangeable
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,190
    Community Manager
    Accepted Answer
    GO Discover mounts are still coming as accessories. I couldn't get any date, though.

Beware that GO Discover requires 2.4 A so chargers of older devices can result in insufficient power supply.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,468
    Superusers
    edited May 11 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Softweb
    Welcome to the site....
    The 7" GO Discover Mount is different... And NOT interchangeable....
    It's more substantial... With a wider spacing between the device locating lugs... A 70mm diameter Suction-cup... Plus a Ring-nut type clamp for the ball joint.... Also, the Power adapter is rated 5v 2.4 Amp and the USB cable also has a higher current rating....

xqzo9rfvd58r.jpg
    As far as I'm aware the 5" & 6" Discover models use the standard Active mount....
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • NiallNiall Posts: 10,906
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    @Softweb

If you have the 6" version of the Go Discover this one is compatible https://www.tomtom.com/en_gb/navigation/accessories/mounts-docks/click-go-mount-charger/
    I have a 6" and a Go 5200 and they are interchangeable
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,190
    Community Manager
    Accepted Answer
    GO Discover mounts are still coming as accessories. I couldn't get any date, though.

Beware that GO Discover requires 2.4 A so chargers of older devices can result in insufficient power supply.