End of lifetime — TomTom Community

End of lifetime

Richard_GauntRichard_Gaunt Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
I bought my TomTom Go Premium for only occasional use when going on a driving holiday and such, because of Covid this wasn't possible last year now I find it's end of life because I haven't used it. This doesn't seem like fair terms of conditions to me.

"Lifetime is the useful life of the device, which means the period of time that TomTom continues to support your device with either software updates, services, content or accessories. A device will have reached the end of its useful life when one or more is no longer available or if no updates have been downloaded to the device for a period of 36 months or more."

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,002
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Richard_Gaunt

You didn't mention that. That is message is probably the result of a Bug that TT are aware of so you should still get your speed cameras and all the normal updates offered.

Doug

Answers

Superuser
    Hi @Richard_Gaunt

@VikramK or @lampard should pick this up and review your units settings on the TT servers and change as appropriate. Look back here latter to see what they say.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,946 Moderator
    Hi @Richard_Gaunt
    Welcome to the community!
    I reviewed your device account and I don't see any issue with the subscriptions?
    What makes you think that the device is - 'end of life'?

The present map installed is v10.55 but which is not the latest.

You can check for new map updates using WiFi or using MyDrive Connect.

If you are using MyDrive Connect then please see the steps in the article created by 'YamFazMan', here- https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1133834/

Regards, Vikram :)
  • Richard_GauntRichard_Gaunt Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    It was this message
    wdad54xjrha0.png
    Superuser
    Hi @Richard_Gaunt

You only said it was not used last year and the condition you posted says if no updates have been done for more than 36months ie 3 years.

Doug
    It's asking for payments for speed camera updates?
    Superuser
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Richard_Gaunt

You didn't mention that. That is message is probably the result of a Bug that TT are aware of so you should still get your speed cameras and all the normal updates offered.

Doug
    Ah, that's okay then, thanks Doug, I appreciate the fast response