Update Start 20 device with lifetime maps — TomTom Community

Update Start 20 device with lifetime maps

Hi
Just found our Start20 device (device AP etc) which we thought we'd lost years ago and trying to update to give it a new lease of life for my daughter.
All installed software seems to be from 2013 including Europe map v915.5124
Thought we had lifetime maps but having downloaded MyConnect to the laptop and finally getting it to connect, it seems that I can;t update anything without paying??
Any help/advice please?
Thanks

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,170 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Stevesaddler
    Welcome to the community! The factory embedded services don't show that the device comes with lifetime maps.

If the services were advertised when you bought it then please get in touch with our customer service.
    They might need some additional information before making any changes to the account.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,170 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Stevesaddler
    Welcome to the community! The factory embedded services don't show that the device comes with lifetime maps.

If the services were advertised when you bought it then please get in touch with our customer service.
    They might need some additional information before making any changes to the account.

Regards, Vikram
  • SussexDabSussexDab Posts: 15 [Master Explorer]
    edited May 10
    I bought a used Start25 , received it on 8 May 2021.
    see here:
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1134329/mydrive-connect-new-version/p1?new=1
    I haven't got to the lifetime update bit yet so it will be interesting how this turns out for you.
  • StevesaddlerStevesaddler Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks: I note "The factory embedded services don't show that the device comes with lifetime maps. If the services were advertised when you bought it then please get in touch with our customer service."
    I've tried to track the original order down without success so I'm reliant on TomTom's records it seems as my yahoo emails don't go back beyond 2019 at the moment.
    Getting in touch with Customer Services seems to send me in a loop which ends back on this forum!! Hmmmmm........
  • SussexDabSussexDab Posts: 15 [Master Explorer]
    Steve,
    It states free lifetime maps in the top left-hand corner of the box that my Start25 came in. So I will use that as proof if there is an issue.
  • StevesaddlerStevesaddler Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    ahhh...SussexDab.....it rings a bell but I no longer have the original box :/
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,629
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Stevesaddler
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    1st... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM