Cannot connect Rider 500 to Mydrive — TomTom Community

Cannot connect Rider 500 to Mydrive

spartacus129spartacus129 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited May 10 in RIDER
I have tried a number of times and looked at the device manager network settings and reinstalled MyDrive but I still cannot add my Rider to the MyDrive app on my Windows 10 computerr.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,950
    Superusers
    Hi
    @spartacus129
    Welcome to the site....
    Firstly Try....
    Disconnect your Tomtom device....
    (Do not Reconnect your device until instructed)
    Logout of MyDrive Connect....
    From the Power menu 'Restart' your PC (NOT Turn it Off 'n' On again)....
    Run MyDrive Connect....
    Login to MyDrive Connect....
    Connect & Start your device....

If you are still having problems with MyDrive Connect... I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program will usually bring MyDrive Connect back to life...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1704775/#Comment_1704775

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • spartacus129spartacus129 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited May 8
    Thanks for your response.
    Sadly this did not work. I tried to delete both folders but there was one thing (Visited links icon in the default folder) in the My Drive folder that would not delete as it said it was being used, even when I had closed MyDrive.
    I thought it was going to work as it recognised my account but did not fully recognise my device.
    I really want to get this sorted and am tech savvy but am lost.
    Superusers
    edited May 8
    Hi
    @spartacus129
    I've edited the post, see below....
    Added an alternate method using the 'Task Manager' to close-down MYDrive Connect....

If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom > (HOME3 & MyDrive Connect Folders)
    Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are most likely to be corrupted
    If you delete the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders it removes the Cache Folder & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml

A new Home3 Folder and MyDrive Connect folders and their contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect

NEVER... Have your Tomtom device connected to your PC when....
    (1)... The first Install of MyDrive Connect (Including Uninstalling & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect)
    (2)... Updating the MyDrive Connect program
    (3)... Modifying MyDrive Connect (i.e... Deleting the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders as in the workaround shown in the link below)
    It can have an adverse effect on the USB Driver install….

Note... You cannot delete a file from within a Program, when the Program is already running...
    You >> MUST << quit MyDrive Connect >> EVERY << time you want to delete the Home3 and MyDriveConnect folders...

Method…
    If MyDrive Connect auto 'Starts when your Computer starts' (Default)...
    (1)... Disconnect the Tomtom device from the PC and Reset it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button (Do not reconnect your device to your PC)
    (1.1)...
    Then 'Right Click 'on the MyDrive Connect Icon on the PC Taskbar and Click 'Quit' MyDrive Connect....

9gc4io81mxon.jpg
    OR

You could use 'Task Manager' to Quit MyDrive Connect
    Method....
    On the keyboard press Alt + Ctrl + Delete
    Select 'Task Manager'

8pffa48h9lao.jpg
    (1)... Right Click on Tomtom MyDrive Connect --> Select 'End Task'
    (2)... To open the ‘Run Box’ on the PC
    Press the 'Windows button' + 'R' Key
    (3)... The Run Box opens... Type into the ‘run’ box.... %localappdata%/TomTom
    (4)… Press Enter
    (5)... A new window opens
    (6)... Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are the most likely to be corrupted
    (7)… Close all windows
    (8)... Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC
    (9)... Open/Run ‘My Drive Connect...

A small Menu Window opens with 3 menu options....
    hskjc7anfu9d.jpg
    Important....
    Option (2) Needs to selected for MyDrive Connect to work correctly....

The 1st & 3rd options are optional (I always deselect both options and set up a Desktop Short-cut to Start MyDrive Connect, I don't want MDC running all the time on my PC)

(10)... Click OK
    (11)... Login to MyDrive Connect as if was a fresh install...
    Hopefully all should now be well

Note... You may want to create a Desktop Short-cut to the access the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders
    If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    The full short-cut path Is here...
    C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here" \AppData\Local\TomTom

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • spartacus129spartacus129 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Tried on two computers now and gone through the steps which all make sense to me but it still wont load the device.
    Are TomTom aware of this? Being new to TomTom this is very disapointing.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @spartacus129
    Deleting the two folders usually works for me ???

Try Deleting & Reinstalling MyDrive Connect....
    I use the free version of Revo Uninstaller....
    The main advantage of using the Revo Uninstaller is that Revo first uninstalls the Program using the Windows default uninstaller ... Then scans and removes any of the leftover files from MyDrive Connect that the default Windows uninstall leaves behind....
    See Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1722414/#Comment_1722414

Stay Safe ATB YFM
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,502 Moderator
    edited May 10
    Hi @spartacus129
    Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message, please?

Thanks, Vikram

• chronzonchronzon Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    having the same issue with a rider 550... tried everything here numerous times including a full restore of my unit.. nothing works.. it works on my phone but on my pc and my laptop mydrive keeps asking me to log into mydrive on my unit.. it is logged in.. and it wont do anything