Iphone does tethering over bluethoot only once — TomTom Community

Iphone does tethering over bluethoot only once

RibbieRibbie Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hi I have no idea if this issue as arise already before but here it goes.
My go 620 pro only has live traffic over my iphone.
So I get the my drive app follow step bu step the pairing show me how and bt tethering works perfectly all day.
Next day bt conects to iphone but does not do the tethering unless I redo all the steps.
Followed already a help topic that tells us to redo everithing and reboot devices in beetwen but still no use works during first conection but as soon As I get out of Bt conection range he won t do. The tethering anymore. Funny facts is still. Takes calls and smss alerts.
I am using atm iphone 11 and before was iphone xr.
Any help please?
Ribbie

Best Answer

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,305
    Superusers
    edited April 30 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Ribbie
    Welcome to the site....
    There's an unresolved problem with the Apple iPhone iOS 13 & 14 and the and the MyDrive App's and the advanced Smartphone features....
    If you can live without the bells & whistles of the MyDrive App...
    Just use a straight simple Bluetooth Connection....
    Traffic will still work... MyDrive Route planning will work
    the only thing that does not work will be some advanced smartphone features Text etc....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1729911/#Comment_1729911

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

Superusers
    edited April 30 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Ribbie
    Welcome to the site....
    There's an unresolved problem with the Apple iPhone iOS 13 & 14 and the and the MyDrive App's and the advanced Smartphone features....
    If you can live without the bells & whistles of the MyDrive App...
    Just use a straight simple Bluetooth Connection....
    Traffic will still work... MyDrive Route planning will work
    the only thing that does not work will be some advanced smartphone features Text etc....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1729911/#Comment_1729911

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • RibbieRibbie Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Good morning
    Thanks for the reply. I can see you understood my problem, after reading carefully I got a bit lost there tough.
    What I need is be able to use my drive to plan my truck deliveries and send them over to the sat nav while keeping live traffic working.
    I am going to test what is on the tread you linked will also try to put hotspot on without the conection to wifi being done. But I think I already tried it.

What is leaving me really confused is why whe BC we do or re do a fresh BT pairing bt tethering works fine but when you go out of range and come back into range causes issues if its coming since ios 13 apple already had time to fix this… will post back later telling if worked or not.
    Cheers
    edited May 1
    Hi again
    Ok so I have followed your straight forward BT link process as described on the topic you linked I had my drive instaled but never opened it. Forgot Any bt conection on iphone and tomtom rebooted both and paired again.

Conection on BT was normal but on device I could see the data sharing swapping from unable to conect to conecting, to conected in like 3 seconds cycles.

Went into tomtom settings - bluetooth - paired phone - hands free calls off, smart messages off and only data for traffic and other services is on now

Switched off BT on the Phone (in settings not in drop down menu) and switched on again got a few more cycles of conecting attempts but slower like 10 secs cycles maybe for acminute or so.and the conection got stable.

Already switched on and off bt on the phone with 30 seconds gaps and conection gets steady in. Seconds straight into conected.

Next step switched tomtom off for a minute and when power on it wouldn t conect to BT on the phone so switched BT off on the phone and back on and all normal again - this step. Repeats itself when tomtom goes into sleep mode instead.

All appears sorted thank you for the help
    Although I believe that the fact off tomtom pairing lcreates 2 devices in my case is wherecproblem lies with the iphone I know it does same on android but in android he assumes the tethering conection over the other one.

Again thanks and hope this description helps people with same issue.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Ribbie
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :) Lets hope Tomtom come up with a proper fix Soon....
    Did you also Turn On the Bluetooth Hotspot ??? I find it helps :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Hey
    No I didn t turn on the hotspot just using BT.
    My conclusion is that the 2 devices shown on the iphone BT settings is one being cals and texts and the other for data and my drive acess aslong with traffic.
    Where android makes the proper conection iphone within all their safety mmechanisms doesn t assuming always first the calls and texts device and not allowing the data assiming iit might be an intrusion. So I let both stay in iphone bt devices but locked out calls and texts on tomtom settings.

Keep BT on and launch my drive and good to go

PS I avoid at all costs the use of personal hotspot due to mass battery drain :)