Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation - Page 15 — TomTom Community

Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation

Comments

• dmarkovinadmarkovina Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I can see you have released AmiGo app which supports Android Auto, but it does not seem to work with Android Auto for Phone Screens? Can you please let me know if this is stil in the works or you will only be supporting Android Auto as provided by car manufacturers?
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 150 [Exalted Navigator]
    Does anyone know if/how the app works on AA when you have traffic delay on your route and have set the option for route recalculation on manual in the settings. In the app you get in the route bar in green your winning time and on the map a green line to follow these route. Unfortunately due Corona I think I had no delays yet on my routes so I wonder.
    Or must you set the setting on automatic for use in AA...
  • Giuseppe68Giuseppe68 Posts: 75 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    edited May 3
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if/how the app works on AA when you have traffic delay on your route and have set the option for route recalculation on manual in the settings. In the app you get in the route bar in green your winning time and on the map a green line to follow these route. Unfortunately due Corona I think I had no delays yet on my routes so I wonder.

I noticed that the traffic warning in AA is not detected and you do not have any warning, but only the red line when you arrive in traffic ..

Mod edit: Machine tranalsted from Italian!
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 150 [Exalted Navigator]
    edited May 3
    Giuseppe68 wrote: »

I noticed that the traffic warning in AA is not detected and you do not have any warning, but only the red line when you arrive in traffic ..

OK thx.

@szachowa,
    Is this also something that will be improved in the future?
  • szachowaszachowa Posts: 457
    Staff
    OK, I have just checked with the team, and we have improvement reported about showing the street name
    Giuseppe68 wrote: »

Io ho notato che l'avviso sul traffico in AA non viene rilevato e non hai nessun avviso, ma solo la linea rossa quando arrivi nel traffico..

OK thx.

@szachowa,
    Is this also something that will be improved in the future?

Yes, we have this in our improvement backlog. We are focusing now on different things that we consider at the moment more important (bug fixes, stabilizaing the build). We will start implementing improvements as soon as possible.
    edited May 3
    Even today the traffic warning on the highway was not there, but only the red line route just arrived in the traffic ... question? But does the traffic warning on the route work on AA ????

Mod edit: Machine translated from Italian!
  • MM2021MM2021 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Will there be support for head-up displays?
    Staff
    MM2021 wrote: »

Hi, what head up display do you mean here?
  • EldewyEldewy Posts: 31 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    szachowa wrote: »

I think he means vehicle HUD. It is a device that utilizes the windshield to project key driving data for the drivers, so they wouldn't have to take their eyes of the road.

Being an automotive SW developer myself, I would assume that the implemention is highly dependent on the vehicle and how Android Auto is integrated with the Instrument Cluster & HUD.

I am not sure TomTom can do much about it, as the interface between Android Auto and vehicle ECUs is handled on a different level.
    Yes vehicle HUD, especially for the BMW ones (best HUDs on the market)
  • ReTechNLReTechNL Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    Just got a new version today. 2.9.27-beta
    [AA] Traffic warning and ETA details audio are now played on Android Auto as well.
    [AA] Destination confirmation addition to Android Auto voice input
    [AA] Search results will now always show an icon (where available) next to the actual result
    Fixed a bug where Downloaded FCs are not always displayed in Map management screen
    Various other fixes for bugs and crashes
  • AndyG1714AndyG1714 Posts: 74 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Can anyone share an apk for the beta version as no one on the beta test group can help me.
  • AmirMhmdAmirMhmd Posts: 23 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    AndyG1714 wrote: »
    Can anyone share an apk for the beta version as no one on the beta test group can help me.

That would be really great

You can use this app to create the apk file Android for assistant

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.advancedprocessmanager
  • ReTechNLReTechNL Posts: 10 [Legendary Explorer]
    AmirMhmd wrote: »

Currently the beta is closed as stated multiple times, you need to wait until it is released.
    ReTechNL wrote: »
    AmirMhmd wrote: »

Currently the beta is closed as stated multiple times, you need to wait until it is released.

I AM in the beta team, specifically the us and canada testers, and no one can test the app because we don't have access to it and tomtom is keeping their mouth shut.
    edited April 30
    As soon as I tried the new version, the time of arrival at the destination works, I have not had the opportunity to test the audio of the traffic. Can't add distance in meters to speed cameras? Immediately change colors of the age it would be clearer the traffic in the path ... All this for AA. Well done, keep it up .... thanks ...

Staff
    Eldewy wrote: »

I think he means vehicle HUD. It is a device that utilizes the windshield to project key driving data for the drivers, so they wouldn't have to take their eyes of the road.

Being an automotive SW developer myself, I would assume that the implemention is highly dependent on the vehicle and how Android Auto is integrated with the Instrument Cluster & HUD.

I am not sure TomTom can do much about it, as the interface between Android Auto and vehicle ECUs is handled on a different level.

We support instrument cluster with our AA implementation. If vehicle HUD relies on instrument cluster, then it should work OK.
    Eldewy wrote: »

We support instrument cluster with our AA implementation. If vehicle HUD relies on instrument cluster, then it should work OK.

Then it should be fine for @MM2021 because the photo he linked is from a G-Baureihe BMW HUD, and in this vehicle the IC & HUD use same navigation data :).
    @szachowa and @Eldewy

So there will be navigation information on the HUD?
    @szachowa and @Eldewy

So there will be navigation information on the HUD?

Theoretically yes :).
    My thought was, that aside from the technical possibility (car / android auto interface), the software developer has to enable such a function and "tell" his software what to show on the HUD. Or does android auto know itself "oh hey, it's a navigation software, let's show route information on the HUD"?
    Can someone help me? No one in my region group is able to download and test this app. sn9vdb4ulwwh.jpg
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,618
    Community Manager
    Can someone help me? No one in my region group is able to download and test this app.
    I'm puzzled since you're with an Apple email on our forum here. Can you send me your Google account in a private message?

• B3rtB3rt Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Is there any release date known yet to install and use TT go for android auto?

If the release is taking a while is there maybe any change to enter the test program?
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0