no map on the online route planner - Page 2 — TomTom Community

no map on the online route planner

2»

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,985
    Superusers
    Wich Browser and wich OS Version do you use?
    Here in Germany with Firefox and Win10 all fine.
  • dhndhn Posts: 33,346
    Superusers
    @Lochfrass

Appears to be a problem in North America only.
  • DanielForniesSoriaDanielForniesSoria Posts: 73
    Staff
    Hi everybody, do you still see this issue?
    On Friday we upgraded the map style, which seemed to load fine in most browsers when we tested it. I wonder if some cache issues or further map data issues might be causing this. I still cannot reproduce the problem. Normally a simple page refresh should have loaded the new map. Can you please attach more screenshots now? And if the problem still persists, can you try clearing your browser download data and try again?
    Apologies for the inconvenience,
    Daniel
    Staff
    Hi, indeed we just did a test accessing from US and there are hosting issues with some part of the map data, which don't seem to happen when testing from Europe. We just reverted to the previous version (map style). We will troubleshoot the issue tomorrow.
    Thanks for your patience.
    Daniel
  • Rich1325Rich1325 Posts: 13 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I am not home to test this but will check later today. Thank you for listening!
    Staff
    Another update: the map style hosting issue should be fixed now, so we brought it back!
    If you have still any issues with the map not appearing I'll keep an eye here and immediately revert back if so. Seems to work well for us now, also from US.
    Thanks again for your patience!
    Daniel
  • cbrfireblade cbrfireblade Posts: 72 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Another update: the map style hosting issue should be fixed now, so we brought it back!
    If you have still any issues with the map not appearing I'll keep an eye here and immediately revert back if so. Seems to work well for us now, also from US.
    Thanks again for your patience!
    Daniel

Hi Daniel I live in Spain and the mydrive map was fine very easy to see and read like the mapshare map but suddenly for no reason the mydrive map has changed. It now is difficult to see and if you do not zoom in 100% many roads etc are just not visible and even when you do zoom in 100% it is still difficult to see roads etc making route planning very difficult..
    Hi Daniel Ihave just looked at the mydrive map and the mapshare map on my PC to compare and the mapshare map is easy to see and everything like roads etc are clear and visible without zooming in so the mapshare map is much better than this new mydrive map.
    Staff
    Hi cbrfireblade , thanks for your feedback.
    Could you (and whoever would like to give map style feedback) provide screenshots comparing with mapshare map with further comments?
    Thanks!
    edited April 25
    Hi Daniel Sorry for my ignorance but do not know a lot about computers. How do i take screenshot on my PC. Dont worry if not possible what I will do is plan a route on google maps then try and import as I can't use the new mydrive map googles map is much easier to see and read. Mapshare map is fine. cheers
  • Rich1325Rich1325 Posts: 13 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you very much! It works now!!!!
    Staff
    Hi cbrfireblade,
    Does MyDrive look like the images below for you?

r90jnwd3yewq.png
    d7o4upa8a43d.png
    Hi Daniel
    That looks very much like it but as I say if you dont zoom in as far as possible its difficult to see and read. The strange thing is I have checked my mobile phone and on my phone the mydrive map is the same as the mapshare map which is fine. Is it possible to go back to the previous mydrive map on my PC which is the same as the mapshare map.
  • candersoncanderson Posts: 44 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Problem here in NAM appears to be resolved.