Rider 550 Lifetime Updates — TomTom Community

Rider 550 Lifetime Updates

AndyB151AndyB151 Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
Hi, I have a 550 with lifetime updates (which show as active on device) that recently lost Traffic and Camera services. I spent a week scratching my head but eventually did a reset which changed nothing, the device still showing active subscriptions but no TomTom Services on device. I spent a couple of hours talking to a TomTom advisor, including a remote connection where they did some dubious trawling around my computer, to then be told there was a problem and they wanted £100 to fix. I was not happy with this as my device has lifetime update package and has been happily updating and functioning since 2019. I have deduced that my subscription has been wrongly deleted at tomTom, what can I do to get this resolved as I'm frustrated with it now?
Kind Regards
Andy B

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,872 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    @AndyB151
    Hi Andy
    Welcome to the community!
    The services on your account look okay.
    After the factory reset did you go through the standard smartphone pairing process for data connectivity?

Perhaps also useful-

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,154
    Superuser
    Hi @AndyB151

It looks very much like you have been on to a Spam Tomtom site as there has been no Phone Line Customer Support since the start of the current crisis.

When you say you have done a Reset is that a Soft Reset as in the following link or the Device Reset in Settings/System?

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034215/how-to-reset-your-navigation-device/p1?new=1

Let us see what @VikramK or @lampard have to say after they have checked your units settings on the TT servers. Look back here on Monday.

Doug
  • AndyB151AndyB151 Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi Doug, thanks for the reply. I did the device reset in settings/system, I'll look at the link thanks. I spoke to TomTom support as they rang me after a brief online chat, could that be a spam site?
    Kind Regards
    Andy B
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,316
    Superusers
    edited April 24
    Hi
    @AndyB151
    If you were contacted by phone it's definitely a SCAM site...
    Contacting Tomtom Support….
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended
    The way of contacting Customer Services has changed
    For Tomtom Support Email or Chat lines...
    (Monday to Friday Normal Office Hours)
    1st... A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

2nd... Tomtom FAQ … How to Contact Tomtom Support....
    Here… https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919-How-to-contact-TomTom-support

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Thanks for the replies and yes it was a scam site by the sounds of it, luckily they didn't get any money out of me but it was a close shave. I'll loom at the advice above and contact TomTom next week during office hours.
    Kind Regards
    Andy B
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,872 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    @AndyB151
    Hi Andy
    Welcome to the community!
    The services on your account look okay.
    After the factory reset did you go through the standard smartphone pairing process for data connectivity?

Perhaps also useful-

Regards, Vikram
    Thanks Vikram, I think it's sorted now but I still can't get a TomTom services icon on my device?
    Kind Regards
    Andy B