Start 52 is stuck on "Waiting for your device" when attempting to update Nav4 core update or any map — TomTom Community

Start 52 is stuck on "Waiting for your device" when attempting to update Nav4 core update or any map

wals5751wals5751 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
Have tried removing mydrive connect using Revo Uninstaller and downloading and re-installing mydrive connect . Have tried doing the factory reset and different cables to different USB ports on my Windows 7 PC. Also looked at updating any drivers for "TomTom" in the device manager but windows tells me I have the latest driver. Also deleted the "Home3" folder held under my account in Windows to remove any corrupted files. Looking at the info on my device in MyDrive connect I have 1.6 GB of space left so space is probably not the issue either. Bit stuck now as I have tried all the possible fixes I found using Google but not joy so far

Best Answer

• wals5751wals5751 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    I fixed the issue. Appears my Anti Virus program "Kaspersky Internet Security" has been blocking the updating procedure. I turned it off and all the downloading and updating went smoothly without a hitch.

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 9,176
    Superuser
    Hi @wals5751

Have you tried opening My Drive Connect on the PC before connecting the Start 52.

Doug
    Thanks for the reply. Yes I usually fire up My Drive Connect before plugging in the Start 52.
    Accepted Answer
    I fixed the issue. Appears my Anti Virus program "Kaspersky Internet Security" has been blocking the updating procedure. I turned it off and all the downloading and updating went smoothly without a hitch.