Comments

• JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,106
    Community Manager
    Currently with Google and awaiting release to beta - 7.475.0
    • Android Auto - AmiGO app to close when disconnect from the head unit
  • rabero1985rabero1985 Posts: 72 [Renowned Trailblazer]
    Just had 2 shorts drives of 10min.

First drive was flawless.
    Second drive back to home the app crashed when I arrived home. I get the message : amigo is not reacting. Wait or close.
    Beside that it worked very well. For the first time I had all the time instructions. Also the app close when disconnect from car unit.
  • KarmannKarmann Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited March 14
    When deviating from the chosen route, the app could not calculate a new traject during the ride. The wheel in the direction window kept spinning.
    Beta 7.475 did what supposed, closing when disconnect from the head unit.
  • AA-UserAA-User Posts: 7 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the app installed but will only use it again when it also gives spoken instruction with road numbers and street names. And for me is also important good and clear lane guidance.
  • PaulwillumPaulwillum Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Voice instructions work fine now! Next: Lane guidance would be very much appreciated by me also. I miss my TomTom Go with that!
    Yes indeed lane guidance and more detailed spoken instructions like road nr and street names are very welcome in 2021. I know you have go navigation (I have a year subscription) but in AA you don't have the side bar and also it doesn't have the graphic and audio alerts like amigo for speedcams....
  • oaks63oaks63 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Started testing yesterday all works fine apart from Voice instructions it turns to the phone menu in AA, However if I mute the voice the map and speed work fine. Any ideas anyone.
    What I like is: With 'trajectory speed control' the app mentions from time to time what is my average speed. Great!
  • oaks63oaks63 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Updated the app yesterday still have the same problem with the phone menu on AA opening when voice instructions should be given. Work's 100% on phone only just no voice on AA
  • TeiloTeilo Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Uridium wrote: »
    Teilo wrote: »
    I have the beta but I am not understanding how people are using it with AA.
    There is no option in AA to select another mapping app (like there was s for music).

AA is listing Amigo in the "about aa" so I'm guessing it should work, just not understanding how.

Have you tried launching nd setting up the app on the phone first. Should appear in Android auto after that

So it is actually working, was just not working as I expected.
    I need to go to the all apps menu in AA (on the headunit) and then launch Amigo, I expected it to be an option on the map button like music apps are.

No option at all on AA when running on the phone not connected to the headunit, which sounds strange but I use for the large interface when driving a car without an AA headunit.
    Uridium wrote: »
    I have the beta but I am not understanding how people are using it with AA.
    There is no option in AA to select another mapping app (like there was s for music).

AA is listing Amigo in the "about aa" so I'm guessing it should work, just not understanding how.

Have you tried launching nd setting up the app on the phone first. Should appear in Android auto after that

So it is actually working, was just not working as I expected.
    I need to go to the all apps menu in AA (on the headunit) and then launch Amigo, I expected it to be an option on the map button like music apps are.

No option at all on AA when running on the phone not connected to the headunit, which sounds strange but I use for the large interface when driving a car without an AA headunit.

If a Picture paints a thousand words see below
    ayrikmrtflze.jpg
  • EndorphinityEndorphinity Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi there,
    Previously, when I had United States indicated as a country for my Google Play account, I was able to download and install the app, but since I've changed it to Ukraine, Play Store just says the app is not available in my country. What is the reason of such restriction imposed on the app? Please extend the country list, as the wider beta audience means better testing coverage, first of all. All in all, I can use the APK found elsewhere, but it is just not right. Thanks.
    fzat1g7zm5rp.jpeg
    edited March 23
    The night mode on Amigo on Android auto is too dark to be useable.

Roads have a light grey outline but the infill is the same colour as the background and there is too little contrast to make them out.

AA headunit is Audi a3 (2017).

Whilst I can increase the brightness on the headunit it is set to a brightness that works for other AA apps (as well as Google maps)

Is there a way to change/customize the theme to make the roads stand out more (as well as hoping this gets addressed in an future release)?
    Used the app today and starts ok gives basic voice instructions. Not much to complain. But what I already wrote earlier missing better voice instruction with roadnumbers and streetnames. And a sidebar like there is on my TomTom Go 5100. I can use this also ofcourse but I want to use my carunit because its bigger, closer to my eyes and I have my phone always with me.
    Also laneguidance like on my Go 5100 would be nice.
    But after all there is progression.
    Indeed I don't understand why a company launch 2 nav apps. It's like Google and waze. Each app has his positive and negative sides. Why don't just combine and make 1 descent app.
    In amigo I like the visual and audio alert of the speed alert and warnings and the layout of the map.
    Go navigation I like lane guidance and the detailed instructions which you can configure by yourself.
    Just combine it. Give the go navigation the visuals from amigo or give amigo the lane guidance and detailed instructions. I'm willing to pay for it just like the go navigation app. I'm now talking about the experience in AA btw.
  • KarmannKarmann Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    rabero1985 wrote: »
    I don't understand why a company launch 2 nav apps. It's like Google and waze.
    For people who have a low budget on a data plan, it could be interesting to buy GO with the cards you can download and get directions without a connection.
    Main advance with AmiGo, always the up to date cards and notifications as speedcams, accidents, traffic jams added by users...
    Do I like Waze? Yes, but a lot more credits go to AmiGo

• mexmex Posts: 0 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, i am a TomTom user since 2004 and had many devices.

Now, still waiting until the TomTom go app for android auto goes live. Until then......
    I signed up for the AmiGo betatest. Nice, but far from perfect.

Issues after first impression an 10 minutes use:
    1. When connected to Androind Auto, I cannot zoom in or out on the car display. Not in 3d driving mode, nor in the route overview. Zooming works fine in the AmiGo app on the phone
    2. No sound (at all) No warnings and no instructions. Languages installed on my phone: Dutch (dutch) and Englisch (dutch)
    4. Mobile data usage should be average below 10 MB per month. However, I drove around 800 meters and data usage is already over 7 MB.

Am I doing something wrong or is this as by-design?

Greetings,
    Martin

App version is 7.488.0 (8901)
    navigation engine 27.0.0
    Phone Samsung Galaxy A51, android 11
    Scoda Octavia 2019

I am using Waze also and this app use far less data then AmiGo and has far more options. Once in a while I use AmiGo, after an update to test, but I don't see any progress yet.
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,106
    Community Manager
    Currently with Google and awaiting release to beta - 7.493.0
    • This build has a number of key stability fixes for Android Auto.
  • Yuri76Yuri76 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    There's a nice bug. I use radio replaio. When the navigation is active, the navigator's voice conflicts with replaio. It doesn't do like google maps that you lower the volume of replaio and when the voice of maps goes away, replaio audio returns normally
    First: While on the way I want to change my destination, I have to end my present route first but most of the time I cannot. (App does not respond when I press the X).
    Sometimes I can enter a new destination but then the screen only shows the route overview.
    Second: When after reaching my destination, I enter a new destination, the app crashes.
  • RedSector73RedSector73 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Hi, just started using autostart feature and on my phone when it autostarts in landscape direction it fails to detect rotated screen correctly. Alternatively, you can manually start in landscape and it detects and rotates correctly. So appears like a small bug.

Thanks
    Red
  • ThilekThilek Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    For those having issue with Map freezes, chevron turned grey, or no position after a minute in Xiaomi and RedMi phones when using AmiGO on Android Auto, try this changes .

Long press Amigo App Icon -> click App Info -> Scroll to Battery Saver -> Choose No Restriction

That apprently solves the issue.
  • k00ba83k00ba83 Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi.
    I have a problem with the app. I've been using the app for quite some time now, started when the name wasn't AmiGo. I always hook my phone app to the andoid auto and use google maps on the car screen and AmiGo on the phone screen to receive alerts about speed cameras. But after the latest update I don't hear any voice notifications any more?
  • Manuel_MartinManuel_Martin Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi, Xiaomi MI9 with Amigo 8.16.0 (9141). Amigo set to No Restriction on Battery Saver and Always on GPS permission. Using it on Android Auto. Amigo locks when starting and only shows a blue sea and sky screen, which stays forever. If at that moment I launch Amigo on the phone, it starts and closes inmediately and starts working on the car's screen. Seems like Amigo is failing to load something correctly when launched from Android Auto, which loads and starts working when launched in the phone. Please advise.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0