Why can't I see Amigo app in my Android Auto Launcher screen? — TomTom Community

Why can't I see Amigo app in my Android Auto Launcher screen?

Tommo3090Tommo3090 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
I've added the App in the "Customise Launcher" section but the app doesn't appear when I select navigation. I just get Google maps or Waze to choose from?
Samsung A50
Android Auto V 6.3.611313
Amigo V8.0.1
Thanks in advance for any advice

Best Answers

• Tommo3090Tommo3090 Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Well I guess that answers my question, just feel sorry for the developers that wrote the ".. for phone screens" app seems they are being ignored ;)
    I'll try and push this back to Google

Thanks for all the support, much appreciated :)
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,711
    Community Manager
    Accepted Answer
    Tommo3090 wrote: »
    We're already looking into this with Google.

Answers

• MUPMUP Posts: 421 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited April 11
    1st I had to reduce the amount of Apps in the launcher at the smartfone, so only AmiGO is an external App
    j0eguimlnsfl.png

2nd I had to press twice at the display in my Volvo's AA application to display and a third time to activate the external App.

Remember also the suggestions and special instructions from TT how to handle AmiGO and AA successfully.

Because TT redirects me to de-de, please search in the english section of TT, these are absolut important instructions in Germany:
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/de-de/sections/360004054940-AmiGO
    Thanks for the reply, Tried it with just Amigo as external app but still no luck
    jdx1w0dvuxok.jpg

I'm using Android Auto on my phone screen only, I'm not connected to any vehicle, not sure if that makes a difference?
  • MUPMUP Posts: 421 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Same here directly from within
    AA > Navigation > GMaps only.

Community Manager
    @Tommo3090
    Are you based in a region where AmiGO is available in the Play Store? If you have downloaded from an APK client, Android Auto recognises this and blocks the app.
    I'm in the UK and downloaded AmiGo direct from the Play Store
    ve62upefdf1r.jpg

I've tried using Android Auto for Phone Screens and the native Android Auto with my A50 phone.

When I go to the Apps for Android Auto section I can't see AmiGo, but I can find it if I search for it my name

I have battery optimisation disabled for AmiGo
  • kupakupa Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks for the reply, Tried it with just Amigo as external app but still no luck

I'm using Android Auto on my phone screen only, I'm not connected to any vehicle, not sure if that makes a difference?

You have to be connected to your car.
    I have the same scenario, can't see Amigo on phone screen, but connected to the car it's just fine.
    Thanks Kupa rather disappointing :/

How do you go about reporting this error / feature to the good people of Google?
  • kupakupa Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanks Kupa rather disappointing :/

How do you go about reporting this error / feature to the good people of Google?

Well, to be honest I don’t care if Amigo is visible or not on phone screen without connection to the HU in my car. Guess the answer from Google would be “AA is supposed to be used connected to the car”. And that is of course true, even if it should be good to see all installed AA compatible apps even with the phone disconnected.

Not a big deal to me as long as it works in the car!

But Amigo is not alone, I have installed latest version of Sygic (v20.4.12-1561). Same story, not visible as a navigation choice in AA started on phone, but connected to car it’s there on the HU screen!
    Accepted Answer
    Well I guess that answers my question, just feel sorry for the developers that wrote the ".. for phone screens" app seems they are being ignored ;)

Thanks for all the support, much appreciated :)
    Community Manager
    Accepted Answer
    We're already looking into this with Google.