TomTom Traffic "Expired" but Go Premium shall have a lifetime subscription — TomTom Community

TomTom Traffic "Expired" but Go Premium shall have a lifetime subscription

ZiocarloNLZiocarloNL Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited December 2020 in TomTom Services
I just bought a Tomtom Go premium,
As soon as I downloaded new maps and system the Traffic icon says "expired on 2019" No traffic and radar service anymore.
Please help

Best Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,929 Moderator
    edited July 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi @ZiocarloNL

Welcome to the community!

Just do a factory reset and check again....

Main menu- Settings- System- Reset device.

To avoid losing your stored favorites on the device you can create a back-up using MyDrive.

See user guide

Regards
    Vikram

Answers

edited July 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi @ZiocarloNL

Just do a factory reset and check again....

Main menu- Settings- System- Reset device.

To avoid losing your stored favorites on the device you can create a back-up using MyDrive.

See user guide

Regards
    Vikram
  • FAVARSFAVARS Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    edited July 2020
    Hello, although the annual subscription has been renewed and paid (30 € 95) on its expiry date on July 2, 2020, the speed camera service remains inactive to this day (on the grounds that the subscription has expired). to reactivate this service? Thank you

Mod edit: Machine translated (French)
  • Veritas357Veritas357 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    The links all redirect to this website.
    The one time I somehow got to the bot chat the option 'Get in touch' wasn't there, it was just completely static, nothing happened after typing. How the **** do you get touch with this company without pulling your hair out?
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,462
    Superusers
    edited December 2020
    Hi
    @Veritas357
    Veritas357 wrote: »
    The links all redirect to this website.
    The one time I somehow got to the bot chat the option 'Get in touch' wasn't there, it was just completely static, nothing happened after typing. How the **** do you get in touch with this company without pulling your hair out?
    And you wonder why ??? I daresay a profanity filter kicked in....

Just checked Chat & Email using the tips in the link below....
    A couple of Tips when Contacting Tomtom Support....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

The Tomtom Netherlands Support... All Good :)

fco1ql28rzi7.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • James_646James_646 Posts: 10 [New Seeker]
    I have also tried this and as Veritas 357 said I also get shoved back here. So that is 2 of us that have followed the instuction and ended up with the same result. That being going round in circles. "We are not amused"
    Superusers
    edited April 11
    Hi
    @James_646
    Just checked 7:55PM....
    Chat & Email using the tips in the link below....
    Did you log into the Tomtom Support site (After Clicking on 'Support' at the Top of this page ??? )
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1714844/#Comment_1714844

UK Tomtom Support OK... :)

78dt210v5uop.jpg
    Obviously Chat is closed....
    Emailing UK Tomtom Support Working OK... :)

yk23dygjqemv.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • schmikoschmiko Posts: 15 [Outstanding Explorer]
    I have also tried this and as Veritas 357 said I also get shoved back here. I have followed exactly the instuction and ended up with the same result.

That being going round in circles.
    It is not possible to use the "Chatting"!!

Thats very boring!! :s
    Superusers
    edited April 13
    Hi
    @schmiko
    Just checked 2:05PM UK Time....
    Chat & Email using the tips in the link below....
    After Clicking on 'Support' at the Top of this page ???
    Important....
    You >>> MUST <<< Log into the 'Tomtom Support page'
    (Screen top right) >>> 'BEFORE' <<< You click on the 'Contact us' Button....

German Tomtom Support Chat & Email All OK....
    1id1hdw7ytnn.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    No it doesn't work, there is ALLWAYS a redirect after a second, the right site is visible for a second and then the site is redirected to the site before.
    edited April 13
    There is only one way which is helpful, deleting cookies for that site, refresh site, login again and then the "Contact us" button is usable.
  • shschampionshschampion Posts: 16 [Master Explorer]
    I have tried three different browsers (Chrom, Internet explorer, Edge) and also Chrome in Incognito mode. I cannot get see the Contact Us button. It is very frustrating trying to contact support.
  • DJSheridanDJSheridan Posts: 112 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    edited April 16
    I have also found the link errors on Tom Tom for Contact... even when I tried to Log In a week ago it comes up as Error 402 or other saying site can't be reached.
    It might be just another glitch... but I understand your frustration.

That said I have just logged in and made a complaint on this issue so should hopefully be picked up by Tom Tom some time soon
    I have tried three different browsers (Chrom, Internet explorer, Edge) and also Chrome in Incognito mode. I cannot get see the Contact Us button. It is very frustrating trying to contact support.

Funnily enough when you scroll to the top of this page as others have suggested - you click on Support and then the page refreshes... it appears to have logged you out (it has but I'm baffled why it does this when you are already logged in).
    So you must log in again on that page... then you can access the support button from there.

If not then I can only suggest deleting your browsing history and then re-log back in and try again.

But believe me it does work.
  • MickEssexMickEssex Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited April 18
    I too have just purchased a new Go Premium which should have 'Lifetime' for updates, Live Traffic and Speed cameras but they say they expire in a month. What can I do or should I return my new Go Premium?

Thank you
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,996
    Superuser
    Hi @MickEssex

Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK or @lampard have to say as they should pick this up when they are back on the Forum and sorted your units settings on the TT servers.

Doug
    Thank you DougLap. :)
    Hi @MickEssex
    As @DougLap says if you wait until tomorrow then @VikramK or @lampard will look in on this.

But to let you know I have the same issue and have been told it is just a glitch on the web site and account.

I had a Go 5200 and then added my new Premium X - then both stated I needed to activate Speed Camera subscription.
    Both units have lifetime upgrades etc. for maps and speed cameras.

It is just a glitch on the system - but if you log in and connect your device to My Drive Connect you will see if you go into the Upgrades/Updates then scroll down to the Speed Cameras part you will see it states you have them.

Dave
    Hi @MickEssex

My team has fixed the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
    A big thank you Vikram. :)
    edited April 19
    Hi @VikramK
    I'm still having an issue with live traffic.
    On the Go Premium, Speed camera updates and Traffic, both say Activated. On the MyDrive app on my phone, camera updates are valid until 18/04/2031, but Traffic says Expiry date unavailable.
    It will not connect to live traffic either through the sim, wifi or connected to my phone.

I have tried soft reset and factory reset and all updates have been installed.

Any help would be much appreciated

Superuser
    Hi @MickEssex

Try Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Scroll down and Tap Your information and privacy
    Is the first option Use my Location etc selected? If not select it.

Doug
    Hi @DougLap

Yes it is already selected.

Mick
    Superuser
    Hi @MickEssex

Let us see what @VikramK or @lampard can suggest after they have checked that the changes they have asked for have been done. Look back here tomorrow.

Doug
    @DougLap

Thank you
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category0