Life time map updates. — TomTom Community

Life time map updates.

Where should I make a claim? I purchased GPS 2535WTE and purchase statement was lifetime maps update Free
Now I try to make any update and I receive Notice : TomTom does not support my GPS anymore.
I try to contact customer support but there is no way to contact somebody.
If for any reason TomTom does not support this model they should send some replacement to their customers or give them big discount to buy new one.
Is there any phone number to be able to talk to TomTom rep?

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,505 Moderator
    Hi @peterturon
    If the device has lifetime maps then you should be able to download them using MyDrive Connect.

What do you see under the 'My Content' tab when you open MyDrive Connect?

whys8bz5vgtx.png

Regards, Vikram
  • peterturonpeterturon Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I see message this unit is not supported by TomTom anymore. They offer 30% on new one. I do not want to pay $180 for new one since mine was promised to work with lifetime maps.
    I would gladly exchange for new one.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,673
    Superuser
    Hi @peterturon

Even if your unit has been declared obsolete Tomtom have stated that they will continue to honour the Lifetime Maps ofer so if your unit was sold with that offer then you should still get updates. What you may have to do, depending on the model concerned, is load a Map that covers the zone that you wish to use it on if the current full map would be too big.

Let us see what @VikramK has to say when he is back on the Forum on Monday. Look back here then to see what he suggests.

Doug
  • peterturonpeterturon Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Their statement is : TomTom does not support this unit and instead of offering replacement for free they offer 30% discount that comes to about $180.00
    Thank you
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,673
    Superuser
    edited April 11
    Hi @peterturon

If your device has been declared obsolete whilst you will not get operating software updates or be able to buy new maps or any traffic subscriptions etc you should still be offered Map updates if the device was sold with lifetime map update promise. As I said let’s see what is said tomorrow.

Doug