Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation - Page 11 — TomTom Community

Android Auto & TomTom GO Navigation

Comments

• EldewyEldewy Posts: 25 [Prominent Wayfarer]
    Oldace2000 wrote: »
    In an above post I mentioned some strange routing and here are a couple of examples.
    The first from the local shops and the second to a nearby truckstop.

This image shows the difference in routing from the local shops using V1.18.1 and V2.7.69

gs3zhedkkhw6.jpg
    Why V2.7.69 takes such a convoluted route I don’t know..

Another strange one..

ppa89xlioks5.jpg

This image shows the strange routing to a Truckstop on the nearby Freeway.
    V1.18.1 take the most obvious route to the freeway and then straight to the pumps.
    V2.7.69 takes a weird route via back road, some very backroads. The final destination would require crossing several hundred metres of swamp to get to the pumps. Even adding a waypoint near the pumps doesn’t help.
    This is OK for locals who know the local layout but would be mystifying for a tourist in a hire car. This the last roadside fuel on the Freeway before Perth.
    The same strange routing also happens with the Southbound Truckstop opposite.

Has anybody else noticed this??

I can only assume it has something to do with the mapping information provided to TomTom.

Cheers, Oldace2000 B)

This has nothing to do with the Beta.

I have noticed the strange routing starting with 2.xx versions of TomTom.

That's the most irritating thing about using the app sometimes.
  • Oldace2000Oldace2000 Posts: 8 [Master Explorer]
    @Eldewy
    Yes you are correct. That is exactly the reason I never subscribed to V2.****. It was so annoying.

Now that I have access to Android Auto I would much rather use TomTom, Via AA, for navigation on the head unit but I would be reluctant to subscribe until this is sorted out.

Hopefully the other shortcomings will be sorted out by the BETA process.

Cheers, Oldace2000

• Ernesto_CheErnesto_Che Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Sorry, a very trivial question: how do I keep my Beta updated?
  • Ernesto_CheErnesto_Che Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Today the app hangs forever on "loading" screen on my Renault Zoe 2020.
  • lluiscnlluiscn Posts: 35 [Legendary Explorer]

The same thing happens to me, I'm at 2.7.41 (3866) and I don't know how to update.
  • werner184werner184 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    if you have android it wil be updated the same as orther apps.
    amigo is standing in beta list when you go to your installed apps.
    Navigon is in normal list and updates normaly.
    I have both apps atleast updated yesterday
    I know that the updates are done in a staggered manner over time, but on March 12th reference is already made to version 2.7.69. That was 17 days ago and I did not receive the update. That’s why I was wondering, if there was an alternative to upgrade.
  • B3rtB3rt Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited March 29
    to TT android auto test users;

Is in this version TT drive available
    I use this a lot to load gpx routes and drive them, i hope this option is also present in the TT android auto version of the app.

Is there any release date known yet to use this version for the public or is there a way to install the beta myself on my android phone to test in my car?
    I see that the user Oldace2000, in his signature, already puts TomTom Go 2.8.1 - beta develop (3921). How can this be?
  • JürgenJürgen Posts: 6,200
    Community Manager
    edited March 30
    Settings > Apps > TomTom (with the beta icon showing the chevron) > App details in store > Three buttons in the top right > Enable auto-update
    Jürgen wrote: »
    Settings > Apps > TomTom (with the beta icon showing the chevron) > App details in store > Three buttons in the top right > Enable auto-update

Automatic update was already enabled.
    Community Manager
    lluiscn wrote: »
    What does the app icon look like?

Jürgen wrote: »
    What does the app icon look like?

my59n30mtke2.jpg
  • OldaceOldace Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @Ernesto_Che and @lluiscn.

IF you have the original email invitation and you are on an Android device I would try the following steps.
    1. Click on the link in the invitation email.

jyydcc12h8th.jpg

2. Open the download page in Google Play.

00s23crwt5nq.jpg

3. Check as below.

tdkoaftgzos2.jpg

If this does not help then I have no idea why you can't update..
    Similar steps should work on Apple devices.??

Hope this helps, Oldace2000.
    Thanks for your input but it doesn't work either. I get the option to open, not the option to upgrade.
    edited April 4
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it got worse, I now have version 1.9.6 release/20.1 (3409)

mtg7mg80xsok.jpg
  • OldaceOldace Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    @lluiscn
    I am truly amazed. I had always assumed that everyone would get the latest updates. I still don't understand why not.
    I can understand your frustration.

Does anyone else have any further suggestions??

Cheers, Oldace2000 B)
  • AAPEENDVARKENAAPEENDVARKEN Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    I give up. The beta is simply not working on a Ford Focus 2019 + Samsung A70 combo. It does not show in the android auto environment on my cars display. Restarting my phone reinstalling the app does not work.
    I give up. The beta is simply not working on a Ford Focus 2019 + Samsung A70 combo. It does not show in the android auto environment on my cars display. Restarting my phone reinstalling the app does not work.

It might sound like a dumb question, but did you go in AA settings and activate it to show up on the launcher?
  • AAPEENDVARKENAAPEENDVARKEN Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Eldewy wrote: »

It might sound like a dumb question, but did you go in AA settings and activate it to show up on the launcher?

AA ? You try to accuse me of being an alcoholic ?
  • AmirMhmdAmirMhmd Posts: 17 [Master Explorer]
    I'm registered at the beta program but when i try to install the app this is what it shows
    So this app is not available in UK ?ebiuvqal6qu3.jpg
    Eldewy wrote: »

AA ? You try to accuse me of being an alcoholic ?

AA stands for Android Auto ... I would still take a beer over Android Auto any time of the day though.

Just not while driving.
  • rockon1trockon1t Posts: 1 [Novice Seeker]
    Would love to be an AA beta tester
    Community Manager
    I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and it got worse, I now have version 1.9.6 release/20.1 (3409)
    What country are you in? Looks like the latest beta hasn't been released in all stores.

This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category3

colinarthur
colinarthur
Narmonono
Narmonono
tgold
tgold