No voice directions on GO 620 — TomTom Community

No voice directions on GO 620

brnn69brnn69 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello I have a new TomTom GO 620 I have owned earlier TomTom Navigation devices and had no issues. On a just completed road trip and visiting an unfamiliar city I set the address I wanted using 'search', 'drive', 'lets go' the location was approx. 10km away and the device work perfectly with good clear instructions. Several hours later when I needed to return to my Hotel I selected the Hotel address from my 'My Places' as I had saved the location from when I actually arrived in the city. On the return journey the device did not give any directions or voice instructions and I got lost I pulled over several times and attempted to reset my destination and ultimately deleted the prior journey's and started with a new destination and still I received no directions or instructions from the device. At all times my device was connected to my vehicle WiFi and was fully charged, this event It was a very stressful experience and obviously unsafe as the primary purpose for using a GPS device for me is safer driving. It was by pure chance some 60 minutes later while criss crossing streets and intersections that I spotted a street sign for the street my Hotel was located in and was able to return in one piece.
Why would my GO 620 not not be operating correctly?

Best Answer

Answers

• brnn69brnn69 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for your reply Lochfrass the voice control was off a case of FFS (fat finger syndrome) a bit of a 'duh' it was the co pilot though!
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 14,630
    Superusers
    No problem. You are not the first to whom this has happened. ;)
  • turnpowerturnpower Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    i have the same problem but my voice setting are all on one day fine the next stopped working but volume level is high and not in mute mode
  • gldkarmagldkarma Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Have had my GO 620 (my third TomTom GPS) and it was working fine before the Covid shelter, but our first time out two days ago there were no voice directions. It would ding when I set my route and give me an ETA, but no driving directions. I found this site today instructing me to check the voice icon at the end of the volume bar and, sure enough--it had a strike through it! I clicked it back on and presume the problem is fixed! Who knows when we will leave the house again to go far enough to need the GPS, but thanks so much for all the advice here and I presume things will be back on track! Thanks again!!