you cannot use this map on this device — TomTom Community

you cannot use this map on this device

bigboyboatybigboyboaty Posts: 9 [New Seeker]
I have a renault scenic with Carminat sat nav, the sd card says Europe, I put the card in pc and ran the update - went back to the car and now have a red screen saying you cannot use this map on this device - please help

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,568 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @bigboyboaty

Welcome to the community! The map has been activated for your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTm HOME.

This map should get your device back to working condition, however, the version is really old and might be missing several road changes over the years.

If you wish to update the maps then you need to have an active subscription for map update services, you can order it on our webshop

For the best navigation experience, TomTom advises driving with the latest maps....

Thanks, Vikram

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,692
    Superuser
    Hi @bigboyboaty

Hopefully @VikramK may be able to activate the map for you. Look back here to see what he has to say.

Doug
  • bigboyboatybigboyboaty Posts: 9 [New Seeker]
    Thanks Doug, wish Id not updated now :-)
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @bigboyboaty

Welcome to the community! The map has been activated for your device. Please remove the existing map first and download a fresh version offered as a download in TomTm HOME.

This map should get your device back to working condition, however, the version is really old and might be missing several road changes over the years.

If you wish to update the maps then you need to have an active subscription for map update services, you can order it on our webshop

For the best navigation experience, TomTom advises driving with the latest maps....

Thanks, Vikram
    Hi Doug, you clealry know what you are doing with these maps, Vikram has sent me an answer which I am trying to do, I have removed the existing map from the sd card using tomtom home but am still trying to get the new map in updates is that the right place pls any tips thanks doug
    its just constantly showing "checking for updates" and has been doing this for 20 mins
    Superuser
    Hi @bigboyboaty

Its not an update you should be trying to download but in Home here should be a full map listed now that you should download.

Doug
    sorry doug, which button do i click pls
    found it so sorry Doug and thanks for helping
    Superuser
    Hi @bigboyboaty

Sorry I have not used Home for a long time. Somewhere in home it should list the map the account has. If it is listed I assume then you should be able to select it and load it

Doug
    Sorry, done everything it loaded new map in the car then re-started and the same warning came up again cannot use the map on this device :'(
    Superuser
    Hi @bigboyboaty

Let us see what @VikramK suggests

Doug
    It could be possible if you have installed a map that was stored as a back-up on your computer.
    Steps-
    1. Remove the maps first using TomTom HOME.
    Click Manage my device in TomTom HOME and select the Items on the device tab.
    Expand Maps and then select the map you want to remove.
    Click Remove selected items

Click OK to delete the map.

3. Clean un-install of TomTom HOME software. See the steps available on our support article here-

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013901520

3. A fresh version can be downloaded here-

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013960739

4. Check for map updates again.

Regards, Vikram

Sorry Vickram, Im going to be very stupid but where do I go in tomtom home to download the new map that you have sorted for me pls
    When you are logged-in to TomTom HOME, you should see the below menu- Just click on update my device/GO/etc.

dbf7spju8l3c.png

On the next screen, you should see a list of updates that are available for your TomTom.

3yid755lt058.png

Select the map you want to install using the check box and click on 'Update and install'

~Vikram
    thanks so much Vikram its all sorted thanks to you and Doug - brilliant service
    Superuser
    Hi @bigboyboaty

Glad you are sorted.

Doug