A new version of MyDrive Connect released — TomTom Community

A new version of MyDrive Connect released

VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
edited December 2020 in MyDrive Connect
Hello All,

We have released a new version of MyDrive Connect and it should be available as an update if the application is already installed.

Windows- v4.2.11.4200
Mac-v4.2.11.4204

What's new:

1. Informative screen about device association which guides the users for the Wi-Fi® device association:

ll1n5khuu22d.png

2. Our customers will be able to initiate the update process and the flow will guide you through the screen that says "Update device the easy way" where we explain that the update will continue on the device.

0rtn72t9t5im.png

4 “Enter an activation code” now possible for Wi-Fi® devices:

419ik6lgzc1b.png

5. Now you will be able to add and delete voices on TomTom WiFi® devices:

ecmkln87xjcf.png

6. Fixed any compatibility issues with macOS Big Sur 11.

7. Introduced the comment box option while uploading logs, where users can explain the problem. See the image below:

cch98fkgwyub.png

Thanks and stay safe!

~Vikram :)

Comments

• miketorcymiketorcy Posts: 3,499
    Superusers
    04 “Enter an activation code” now possible for Wi-Fi® devices:

What is this code for?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    Hi Mike
    The purpose is to apply promo codes etc often offered through vouchers or scratch cards. It will activate the service directly on the account.

Thanks, Vikram
  • Flash5150Flash5150 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Just connected mine to new version and it says Navcom has to be downloaded first and just keeps rebooting back to the same screen
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,254
    Superusers
    edited January 7
    Hi
    @Flash5150
    Flash5150 wrote: »
    Just connected mine to new version, and it says Navcore has to be downloaded first and just keeps rebooting back to the same screen
    Important....
    Re the "just keeps rebooting back to the same screen"....
    Can you describe or post a picture of the screen ???
    You haven't stated which Tomtom device you own ??? Is your Tomtom one of the latest devices with a Wi-Fi connection ???
    If 'Yes'... Scroll down to....
    'Note (2)... A new version of MyDrive Connect has been released'....

The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices normally update using Wi-Fi....
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    See Option... (2) Connect over USB....

TomTom Video... Updating your navigation device using Wi-Fi

If you have successfully connected your device to your Wi-Fi....
    To check your Connection Speed, Signal Strength & Quality
    On the Device... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> Wi-Fi
    Tap on Your WI-FI name (The one Showing as connected)
    A new Menu Page opens

7g8gwfpx1swt.jpg
    On the left-hand side of the screen is your Wi-Fi Connection Status

Tomtom recommends a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps
    Tomtom NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices will only connect to a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network
    All the update actions are executed on the device...

Option... (1) Connected Wi-Fi

zzb10t6jrg2v.jpg
    Updating the device....
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items

Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained....
    Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

I always update my devices one Update at a time
    The NavCore Application and QuickFixGPS updates are force ticked by Tomtom... Deselect any other updates like Maps, Speed Cams etc... Update the mandatory item/s first, when complete update the remaining items one at a time

Note (1)... NAV(5 Wi-Fi) devices connected over Wi-Fi do not require MyDrive Connect to be running Even if MyDrive is running you have no access the MyDrive Connect menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

Option... (2) Connected USB
    If Wi-Fi is not available or is slow/unstable/unreliable.....
    Tomtom recommends a minimum Wi-Fi download speed of 30Mbps

Connecting hard-wired over USB is normally more reliable than any Over The Air Connections
    Updating your new device over USB will require "MyDrive Connect"
    Get it here..... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect

There's no need to login to MyDrive Connect... See Note... (1)
    Connect your Device to a USB Port on your PC
    The Update will hopefully complete

If you're using a Laptop it would be also more advisable to use a hard-wire connection back from the Laptop to the Router....

Note (2)... A new version of MyDrive Connect has been released.....
    See.... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1130566/a-new-version-of-mydrive-connect-released

When using the latest MyDrive Connect the menu flow has changed....
    Now when using the latest version of MyDrive connect to update a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device over USB, it appears that you can update the device using the MyDrive Connect menu structure... When in fact clicking on the update button only opens the new MyDrive Connect "Splash screen" saying "UPDATE DEVICE THE EASY WAY" etc... The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices have no access to the MyDrive Menu structures as used by the previous NAV3 & 4 devices

If you choose to update a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device over USB....
    MyDrive Connect only needs to run in the background on the PC Taskbar... You can close the 'Main Mydrive Window'

em7rmo28tl38.jpg
    That is displaying "UPDATE DEVICE THE EASY WAY" Splash screen...

a1a9r6jyfdho.jpg
    Updating a NAV5 (Wi-Fi) device using USB is the same as using Wi-Fi, all the update actions are executed on the device...
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> Updates & New Items
    Extra Maps are Installed/Maintained... Tap the 4Dot(.... Menu) --> Setting --> Maps

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • torbjoerntorbjoern Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I tried to update my go 400, but now it will not work . I get a message that says that there are no data available. The attempt was via USB. I tried several times to update.Drive Connect tells me, that it updates and ask me to wait 1 hour and 14 minutes. But nothing happens.
    Superusers
    Hi
    @torbjoern
    Are you trying to install the full Europe Map ???

The early 8GB NAV4 devices... The Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the 8GB NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....

The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 8.6GB
    You will NOT find enough space by deleting files to install the full Europe Map... The device also uses the onboard Memory for the Operating System + 400MB is used for working space and is considered the bare minimum free space for the device to operate....

@VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators will pick this up on Monday and add a small Map to the Account to get past the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....

For More Info & Options See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • GKTGKT Posts: 30 [Master Explorer]
    This would be all very well if i could just Download ANYTHING.
    For days I have tried to update my VIA135 but never get beyond Checking except once Downloading showed but nothing was downloaded.
    I have tried 2 different PCs and left them running overnight.
    HELP is utterly unhelpful, whenever I type anything it says "OK"!!!!!
    Superusers
    Hi
    @GKT
    Are there any error messages displaying on either MyDrive Connect or the Via135 ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Superusers
    edited January 20
    Hi Again....
    @GKT
    1t9krg9wwe82.jpg
    Check using the 1st 2 Characters of the device serial number....
    Is your NAV3 Via 135 one of the 2GB (Eol) End of Life devices ???
    Or
    One of the NAV3 Via 135 devices with 4GB On-board Memory....
    Catch22 ???

Tomtom devices need at least one Map installed before they will Boot-up...
    The Maps on the NAV3 devices easily fitted onto the 4GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update... Now the 4GB limit on-board memory size on the NAV3 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The NAV3 Full Europe Map size is now 4.621 GB....

Note... If you already have the Map installed on a Micro SDHC memory card the NAV3 device will update the Map as normal....

When you update using MyDrive Connect, you should be offered a Map Zone.....
    If you mainly travel in the UK and do not need the Full Europe Map... The Europe Zone 1 has the UK&ROI Maps....

If you require the Full Europe Map you will need to install a 8GB or 16GB Class 10 Micro SDHC memory card (32GB is the max size, but it's way over the top for 4GB Maps)

Method...
    Install a Map Zone.... Zone 9 is the smallest Map Zone....
    I used Zone 1 as it also has the UK&ROI Map...

(1)... With MyDrive Connect running click MY CONTENT menu...
    (2)... In MY MAPS... Click on the required Flag Icon (Europe)...

9wya7oj3tsrn.jpg
    1gmmg7ftpv93.jpg
    Note... You can ONLY use the above menu option....
    'Use a memory card in your device'
    If you have already installed a memory card formatted with the Tomtom propriety format....

b94ya0yjxd8i.jpg
    Follow the on screen menu prompts to select and install the required MAP Zone....

With the Map Zone installed... The device will Boot-up and allow you to Format the Micro SDHC memory card to the Tomtom propriety format, this will allow the installation of Maps
    (3)... Format the Micro SDHC memory card to FAT32 on your PC
    (4)... Insert the Micro SDHC memory card into your NAV3 Device, the device should recognize the card and offer to format the card to the Tomtom propriety format....
    Accept the offer and format the memory card...

(5)... MyDrive Connect screen should now refresh and allow you to install the Full Europe Map onto the Memory Card....
    zan73scl2t8a.jpg
    You May need to switch to the Full Europe Map ???
    From the main menu
    Tap (Settings)
    Right Cursor twice for next page
    Tap (Switch Map)
    Tap (Select the Europe Map)
    Follow onscreen prompts to exit

I suggest you do not uninstall the smaller map as it will also act as a 'Keeper'
    This will enable the device to keep running on the smaller Map and avoid the Catch22 situation No Maps Found Error, where the device won't boot-up past the No Maps Found Error to allow access to the 'Format option' to allow the use of a Micro SDHC memory card
    Also, if you ever need to remove the Micro SDHC Card for any reason... Like transferring pre-planned routes via a Micro SDHC Card or Formatting a new/replacement Micro SDHC Card, the Keeper Map will allow the device to keep running....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • cezar_covatarucezar_covataru Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    6lm9mzrzjju0.png
  • cezar_covatarucezar_covataru Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    77j62pc8vv92.png
    Superusers
    edited March 28
    Hi
    @cezar_covataru
    Welcome to the site....
    See post by LAURE123....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1636903/#Comment_1636903

Stay Safe... ATB YFM