how to delete a stop on a route — TomTom Community

how to delete a stop on a route

francecarafrancecara Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi! I have a TT Rider 450. I have loaded various routes (itn). if during the course I want to delete a stop already programmed, how can I delete it? if I go to "my routes" I get the "current track" menu, not “current path", so I can't see the individual stages of the route. where can I see the individual stages of the journey so that I can cancel the stages?

Best Answer

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,266
    Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @francecara
    When a .ITN Route has loaded and calculated....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current route...
    When the route is active.... Tap Skip the next Stop
    Or
    I prefer .ITN Routes....
    A Route planned directly on the device is a .ITN Route
    An .ITN Route uses Stops and the device plans the route between the stops... An .ITN Route will respond to Live Traffic and any route deviations BUT an .ITN route will doggedly follow the stops in the order they were created, if you miss a stop, the device will continuously attempt to guide you to the missed stop... You have to cancel the problem stop on the device to avoid it

If you want to force a different route you simply add more stops
    Note... When you add the extra Stops Max Zoom right into the road
    Don't put the stop on the wrong side of a dual track road (Journey loop back errors)
    Don't put the stop up a side-road... It may guide you though a built-up area via side streets back to your route, instead of a u-turn
    Don't put the stop on a traffic Island always place a guidance stop further up the road on the route after the required traffic island exit....

To skip/delete an .ITN Route Stop....
    With a route planned... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Route --> Skip Next stop...
    OR
    (1)... If you are on the Driving/Riding Map view
    (2)... Tap the Direction of Travel Icon (Above the + & - signs) to switch to the North-up Overview Planning Map
    (3)... Quick Tap on the Stop/Waypoint Icon you wish to ignore... A Quick menu opens with a 3Dot Icon --> Tap on the 3Dot Icon --> Tap Delete this stop....
    Note... This is only possible with .ITN Routes....
    Note... A Long Tap (Tap & Hold for + 1 Second) and a Quick tap will give different menu options

A .GPX Track does not have Stops/Waypoints... It's basically a Breadcrumb track that you follow....

Maybe Useful....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1720215/#Comment_1720215

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @francecara
    When a .ITN Route has loaded and calculated....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current route...
    When the route is active.... Tap Skip the next Stop
    Or
    I prefer .ITN Routes....
    A Route planned directly on the device is a .ITN Route
    An .ITN Route uses Stops and the device plans the route between the stops... An .ITN Route will respond to Live Traffic and any route deviations BUT an .ITN route will doggedly follow the stops in the order they were created, if you miss a stop, the device will continuously attempt to guide you to the missed stop... You have to cancel the problem stop on the device to avoid it

If you want to force a different route you simply add more stops
    Note... When you add the extra Stops Max Zoom right into the road
    Don't put the stop on the wrong side of a dual track road (Journey loop back errors)
    Don't put the stop up a side-road... It may guide you though a built-up area via side streets back to your route, instead of a u-turn
    Don't put the stop on a traffic Island always place a guidance stop further up the road on the route after the required traffic island exit....

To skip/delete an .ITN Route Stop....
    With a route planned... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current Route --> Skip Next stop...
    OR
    (1)... If you are on the Driving/Riding Map view
    (2)... Tap the Direction of Travel Icon (Above the + & - signs) to switch to the North-up Overview Planning Map
    (3)... Quick Tap on the Stop/Waypoint Icon you wish to ignore... A Quick menu opens with a 3Dot Icon --> Tap on the 3Dot Icon --> Tap Delete this stop....
    Note... This is only possible with .ITN Routes....
    Note... A Long Tap (Tap & Hold for + 1 Second) and a Quick tap will give different menu options

A .GPX Track does not have Stops/Waypoints... It's basically a Breadcrumb track that you follow....

Maybe Useful....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1720215/#Comment_1720215

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • francecarafrancecara Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thanx a lot for your kind answer
    “if you miss a stop, the device will continuously attempt to guide you to the missed stop... “
    you understand the problem perfectly. that's what I was trying to correct. the point is that with the previous versions of TomTom Ryder you could easily see the various planned stops. with the new tomtom Rider I can't see the intermediate stops ... Maybe because I have to check the file I uploaded (not .itn?!?)
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 684 [Revered Pioneer]
    edited March 26
    When you see the Current Track menu you have loaded a GPX file. The Rider reads both the Route info and the track info in a GPX file. The route will be converted to a track.

Routes send to the device with MyDrive will also be Tracks.
    Stops send to the device with MyDrive wil be an active route. (Max 20 stops)

To load real routes you have to import the ITN file using USB, micro SD or Bluetooth directly on the device. (Max 255 stops)
    Now you wil have a Current Route menu.
    Superusers
    edited March 26
    Hi
    @francecara
    The NAV4/NAV5 (Wi-Fi) Rider 4xx & 5xx also have the "Easy route upload" option....
    My Rider 550
    g9esyvnu71d5.jpg
    The Rider 4xx/5xx will give you direct access to a small buffer/transfer area of the Rider 4xx/5xx Main Memory... You can also access your Micro SD Card, you can drag & drop your .ITN or .GPX route files directly to the Rider 4/5xx Memory buffer/transfer area or the Micro SD Memory card over a secure system
    NavCore Version 15.302
    Released on 3 July 2015
    This update applies to the Rider4xx/5xx
    With the "Easy route upload"... You can connect your TomTom Rider to your PC using a USB cable, then drag and drop your route files directly to and from your device’s memory using a file explorer program.....

The example below is my Rider 400... The Rider 550 uses the same "Easy route upload"
    (1)... Connect Your device via USB and this screen appears on the Rider 400
    c64613c2-b6ca-4088-a8c6-b2c72a2c765e.jpg
    (2)... Tap the Import route Icon and the Rider 400 connects to the secure "Easy route upload"
    185e7f17-03ea-4d08-9f20-aba2fc64aa84.jpg
    (3)... On your PC filing system you should see "Tomtom Rider 400" where you can drag and drop your route files directly into the Rider 400 main memory or the Micro SD Card
    33ce976f-93c9-4fc0-b9a3-60acf162b062.png
    (4)... If you haven't got a Memory card installed it only shows the Rider 400 Main memory
    f85105c8-9d58-41d8-9d25-0f7230a2be76.png
    (5)... Drag & drop your route files to the device or the Memory card
    d0e6ebb9-f0bc-4b56-b91a-5dda94b7b7c3.png
    (6)... When you're done tap "Done"
    7b1aa1e6-2953-49e8-be7c-2158437bca5c.jpg
    Note... Mac OS X....
    TomTom Rider uses the USB Media Transfer Profile (MTP) for transferring routes. On a Mac you need to install a program that supports USB MTP, such as Android™ File Transfer.

Once the program is installed, connect your Rider 4xx/5xx to your Mac and select Import routes. This switches the device to MTP mode. Route files such as GPX and ITN can then be copied to the internal memory of your device or a memory card using the MTP program.

See Tomtom FAQ...http://au.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/20584/~/how-do-i-transfer-tracks-and-routes-to-my-tomtom-rider-device

End

You can also use a Micro SD Card as a transfer medium
    To transfer a route to your NAV4/5 device using a Micro SD Memory Card.....
    Format your memory card on your PC to FAT32 format
    Copy your .GPX or .ITN route file to your Memory Card

My GO 5000 showing no routes installed.....

ca63324a-1f9d-4ae6-b84e-f924cfccf9f8.jpg
    Insert the SD Memory card into the Card Slot the device will recognize the Memory Card.....

ee41c992-7c40-4ad4-bd6f-e6a4c258fe3f.jpg
    fcbd0e45-8cba-4575-996a-6715a6c67744.jpg
    2f5dc2eb-de59-4977-a3ef-4de9a15b21f0.jpg
    6b9f6fba-2499-4670-97b5-854c143f3382.jpg
    14213df2-c56b-46ad-a0b6-0d0f7abe13eb.jpg
    Routes Transferred.....
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • francecarafrancecara Posts: 12 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thank you all. my mistake was that I was using .gpx files, while I realized that I have to use .itn files Thanks again