GO 60 'VC' - latest maps are only 2017? — TomTom Community

GO 60 'VC' - latest maps are only 2017?

Hi again.

Just got a GO 60 model with VC serial number. This gives me access to a range of European map options, some of which include 'buildings'. I settled for 'Europe with UK and Ireland Buildings', but this is dated 2017. Is this likely to be updated further? Is mine a recentish-enough model to likely have updates for a few years yet?

And what does 'with buildings' mean?!

Thanks.

(Very limited success in getting it to understand vocalised full addresses, but 'go to city centres' works well, as does the actual useful practical stuff like 'volume up and down'.)

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,492 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Noobie

Welcome to the community!

I have asked the team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 1,047 [Exalted Pioneer]
    is it a free map update for life device
  • NoobieNoobie Posts: 16 [Master Explorer]
    I'd assumed it was, but don't know how to check. How can I do so, please?
    Oookkaaaay, it say 'Map update subscription expired'. Hmm.

A small new software update was the 'community update thingy' which apparently fills in smaller updates between the 'big' ones. I've installed that, but can't see any effect. Is the 'community update' feature available from a different location, or also from MyDrive Connect?
    And how on earth can one determine whether free map updates come with each second-user device?!
    How can I even tell how old my GO is?!

Aaaarrrghhh! :-)
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,492 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Noobie

Welcome to the community!

I have asked the team to fix the services for your TomTom, please do a soft reset and check for updates.

Regards, Vikram
    Brilliant, VikramK - that did the job! Thank you.

All fully updated on to an SD card.

(Now, what does 'Buildings' mean...?!)