When will HOME be updated for Mac Big Sur — TomTom Community

When will HOME be updated for Mac Big Sur

macboymacboy Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
All of us Apple users had to wait months for TomTom to update HOME to work with Catalina. Now it turns out that HOME doesn't work with Big Sur. When can we expect a working version of HOME again?

Best Answers

• macboymacboy Posts: 10 [Master Explorer]
    Accepted Answer
    I can't believe it but @VikramK sent some Terminal instructions and I was actually able to instal Homel, run it and install updates to my TomTom today. I am currently running macOS Big Sur on an Intel iMac. We'll see what happens when I get my new M1 iMac. Most likely will need to use Rosetta 2.

Answers

• Jim07Jim07 Posts: 4,061 Moderator
    Hi.

Several users reported the same issue. We are working on it.

regards,

Jim
  • StefanACStefanAC Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi, i have the same issue with TomTom Home not starting on Big Sur. Any news on this?
  • cfox9999cfox9999 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have the same problem and TomTom HOME did not work for months under Catalina. Now again with Big Sur. However, I have paid a three year subscription for the map update service. TomTom is simply not delivering what I have paid for.

I created a case at the online dispute resolution center of the European Union (https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home2.show&lng=DE). That sends an official request to TomTom to answer on a claim by a consumer regarding an online purchase. No idea where this will lead to, but it is a try worth.
  • EmerypEmeryp Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I still have the same problem, and apparently nothing has been done by Tom Tom (I can't update my Mazda NB1 Tom Tom SD Card, which really upsets me).
  • TwisselTwissel Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    I have tried for the last 12months to update my tomtom maps as requested as I have free for life updates .However, a member of staff said they could update the maps at a cost and when I said i had free for life , he just laughed,..staff have been unable to fix the problem unless it seems I pay.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,680
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Twissel
    Welcome to the site....
    The Via 135 uses MyDrive Connect....
    Installing MyDrive Connect
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959499-Installing-MyDrive-Connect

Tomtom Video... How to update your device using MyDrive Connect....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • mrplushmrplush Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Release date: 22/01/21
    Version: 2.21.17.15

Several performance improvements and bug fixes have been made.
    Just downloaded the above version AND IT WILL STILL NOT LOAD ON macOS 11.1
    Well, it's going on three months and TomTom has NO answer to their problem with macOS Big Sur. What am I supposed to do - throw my TomTom away? Does TomTom really care about its customers? Do I need to start a Go Fund ME to collect money for TomTom?
    And another month goes by without an answer to the Big Sur issue. Come on TomTom - DO SOMETHING (or at least give us some hope).
  • sparks1sparks1 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Can it really take this long to resolve this problem? i.e. 5 months and counting. I wonder what will occur on the next Mac software change. TomTom you are forcing me to make the change to Garmin.
    LAST TIME ASKING! DOES TOMTOM HAVE ANY PLANS TO UPDATE "HOME" SO THAT IT RUNS ON BIG SUR? AND WHILE AM AT IT, ANY PLANS TO MAKE "HOME" RUN NATIVE ON APPLE'S M1 CHIP?
    Accepted Answer
    I can't believe it but @VikramK sent some Terminal instructions and I was actually able to instal Homel, run it and install updates to my TomTom today. I am currently running macOS Big Sur on an Intel iMac. We'll see what happens when I get my new M1 iMac. Most likely will need to use Rosetta 2.
  • DaveMillerDaveMiller Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hello @VikramK - I have the same problem: Bi Sur on an Intel-based iMac. Tomtom Home "closes unexpectedly" as soon as I open it. What are the magic Terminal Instructions that Macboy mentions, please?
    Dave: I hope @VikramK answers you as I did not keep a copy of the instructions. Good luck.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,246 Moderator
    edited May 24
    Hi Dave
    The steps I suggested were related to installation issues caused due to jdk packages on the Mac.

Below are the steps, hope it helps-

1. Open Terminal (Finder -> Applications -> Terminal).
    2. Paste “sudo rm -rf /Library/Java/*” and press Enter Key.
    3. Enter system password and press Enter key.
    4. Paste "sudo rm -rf /Library/PreferencePanes/Java*" and press Enter key.
    5. Paste "sudo rm -rf /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/Java*" and press Enter key.
    6. Reinstall TomTom HOME from TomTomHOME2mac.dmg.

Thanks, Vikram