I have a Lexus RX350 2007 model and live in Australia. Looking for a DVD, price and availability tha — TomTom Community

I have a Lexus RX350 2007 model and live in Australia. Looking for a DVD, price and availability tha

BeaugBeaug Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
I understand that Tomtom make such DVD's and distribute in Australia through Navshop.com.au but they have poor reviews

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 12,513 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Beaug
    We don't have external tie-ups with 3rd party websites to sell maps on a DVD.
    We sell maps directly through our webshop here- https://www.tomtom.com/en_au/drive/maps-services/shop/travel-map/
    Or it has to be provided by the car dealer, through their official website.

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee if the maps sold through these websites will work. And in this case, it's best to get it verified by the car dealer itself.

Regards, Vikram

Answers

Hi @Beaug
    Welcome to the community! We don't directly sell maps or software on a DVD for the Lexus built-in models.
    What exactly do you mean by poor reviews?
    My advice would be to check the availability by contacting the car dealer.

Regards, Vikram
  • BeaugBeaug Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Vikram, from google searches there is a site called Navshop.com.au located in Sydney. It sells a range of DVD's to update in car GPS'sI understand it is an authorised vendor for Tomtom. On the site it indicates that is has a range of DVD's specificaaly for a range of car makers. When I check out "Reviews" the only 3 recorded all give very low ratings in relation to extremely poor communication and customer service. One reviewer did finally get a DVD that worked
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Beaug
    We don't have external tie-ups with 3rd party websites to sell maps on a DVD.
    We sell maps directly through our webshop here- https://www.tomtom.com/en_au/drive/maps-services/shop/travel-map/
    Or it has to be provided by the car dealer, through their official website.

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee if the maps sold through these websites will work. And in this case, it's best to get it verified by the car dealer itself.

Regards, Vikram
  • BeaugBeaug Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    If you check out the Navshop web site (navshop.com.au) they claim to be owned by Tomtom and provide Tomtom DVD's. Their ABN gives their company name as Tomtom ANZ Pty Ltd. However, their phone number 1300 135 604 has a recording saying "not connected".
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,679
    Superuser
    Hi @Beaug

The scam websites that are around are very convincing and so I have directed this to @Luca at Tomtom who deals with these matters.

Doug